Author Topic: How to install two different versions of Code::Blocks with independent config?  (Read 3362 times)

a.aniq

I had Code::Blocks 13.12 installed and configured to use TDM-GCC, whereas it was incompatible with OpenFrameworks, which supported v12.11 with MingW. So, I installed it (v12.11) in another partition with MingW alongwith it, but whenever I start it, it says that it needs to update a bunch of things, which I don't approve ofc. Also, it uses TDM-GCC instead of MingW installed with it. So, how do I get CodeBlocks 12.11 to work solely for OpenFramework, and v13.12 for other purposes? So that, I don't have to change the settings every now and then.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
C::B is not a compiler, so it cannot be incompatible with a framework. Who told you so has misled you.

What you need to do is install the need compiler and set it up. Probably by duplicating the main gcc compiler and changing the toolchain executables.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]