Author Topic: Controls disappear from projects multiple frames w/Panels. CodeBlocks/wxWidgits  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Aaron

• Multiple posting newcomer
Please advise if this isn't the most appropriate forum, but here goes.

I have had this happen multiple times personally (twice today), and it has happened to an co-worker.
A project is created in CodeBlocks/wxWidgets with one or more wxFrames w/ Panels, controls are added, hours of work, saved and closed.

When the project is re-loaded, and sometimes after sitting idle for hours, controls disappear from the panels, Var Names of some controls go to a default name, Text fields that were blank have the Text word again.
Controls like wxCalendarCtrl, Text boxes, buttons, lines. Panels missing with all controls gone.

The underlying code from the missing controls remains in the source files.

Has anyone else experienced this?
(System: WinXP pro SP3, CodeBlocks 13.12, wxWidgets 3.0.2)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:06:38 pm by Aaron2 »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Why did you ask the same question in the wxWidgets bug-tracker ?

If you use C::B and (most likely) wxSmith, his can not be an issue of the used framework.
So please do notblame others for issues hapenning with C::B.

I never seen such a behaviour, so can you please give more information (e.g. which gui-builder do you use?) and probably post a packed minimal project where this has happened (including all files in the folder).
You might need a free file-hoster to upload it, because our attachement size is limited.
Please also state the folder where the project is located and whether you have some "security"-software installed, that might do something in the background !

If you use wxSmith, does it happen if the wxs-file is open? Or after reopening it, so it might not be correctly saved for whatever reason ?

Offline Aaron

• Multiple posting newcomer
I was not blaming anyone for this issue,  I was asking for advice, and kind of assumed again it was our method of use or file saving at fault.
It may be as simple as having to manually save each individual changed file before closing or minimizing for prolonged periods.

wxSmith was the GUI builder for  the frame based projects in question, and wxs files were left open for 5-8 hours in one instance.
The 'Save project' and Save icon is sometimes unavailable after after file changes (asterisk displayed), so the file changes may not have been properly saved.
I have enabled Autosave for source files and projects, and will be manually doing 'save file' for changed files and before builds.

I will post a minimal project to demonstrate this if it reoccurs.