Author Topic: Code::Blocks On Mac OS Yosemite crashed when the font size of editor is changed.  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Easior Lars

• Multiple posting newcomer
Recently, I try to use Code::Blocks for teaching C/C++ programming. It's great to a Linux user to write codes, compile and debug. However, it has been always crashed on Mac OS Yosemite when the font size of editor was changed. Crashed report is attached. I think it is time to make another new build of Code::Blocks on Mac OS.

Another suggestion is about the configuration setting. I found that Code::Blocks is using XML-formated file as configuration. It's so terrible to happened to Code::blocks when its setting is changed. The configuration files will be newly created again and again after Code::Blocks' setting is modified. I hate that kind of handling configs used by Code::Blocks. It is not convinient to backup the setting of Code::Blocks. I also hate the command line, cb_share_config, to transfer the Code::Blocks configurations from here to there. My suggestion is to use plain text as Code::Blocks configuration format.

p.s.
I can't attach a file as attachment in this forum. The crashed report is posted as the following replies.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:24:14 am by Easior Lars »
Development Environments:GCC+CodeBlocks+wxWidgets
Developing Languages:Bash+Python+C/CPP+LaTeX
Developer Utils:Emacs+GIT+OpenSSH+GPG
OS:Mac OS X, Gentoo/Kali Linux/Fedora/CentOS, MS Windows
Blog:http://easior.i11r.com

Offline Easior Lars

The log file of crashed Code::Blocks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Recently, I try to use Code::Blocks for teaching C/C++ programming. It's great to a Linux user to write codes, compile and debug. However, it has been always crashed on Mac OS Yosemite when the font size of editor was changed. Crashed report is attached. I think it is time to make another new build of Code::Blocks on Mac OS.
Known problem. Probably it will get fixed when we switch to wx3.0.

Another suggestion is about the configuration setting. I found that Code::Blocks is using XML-formated file as configuration. It's so terrible to happened to Code::blocks when its setting is changed. The configuration files will be newly created again and again after Code::Blocks' setting is modified. I hate that kind of handling configs used by Code::Blocks. It is not convinient to backup the setting of Code::Blocks. I also hate the command line, cb_share_config, to transfer the Code::Blocks configurations from here to there. My suggestion is to use plain text as Code::Blocks configuration format.
And the problem really is? Using xmls is a design decision that won't be revised any time soon.
cb_share_config is useful when you want to copy just a tiny bit of the settings.
If you want to copy all setting just copy the whole file.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Easior Lars

Known problem. Probably it will get fixed when we switch to wx3.0.
When will it be fixed?

And the problem really is? Using xmls is a design decision that won't be revised any time soon.
cb_share_config is useful when you want to copy just a tiny bit of the settings.
If you want to copy all setting just copy the whole file.
I know what you have mentioned. I just hate that kind of handling Code::Blocks' setting. I want to put config file into somewhere and make a symblic link of that file to proper place. However, Code::Blocks always destroies that symbolic link after the configurations is modified.

Another question is: why does the source codes of Code::blocks not include the po/mo files for internationalization and localization? E.g., I can't find the po/mo file of zh_CN for chinese users in the source codes or binary files of Code::Blocks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
When will it be fixed?
Don't know. The effort to port cb to wx3.0 is on going, but there is no one testing and fixing cb on osx.

I know what you have mentioned. I just hate that kind of handling Code::Blocks' setting. I want to put config file into somewhere and make a symblic link of that file to proper place. However, Code::Blocks always destroies that symbolic link after the configurations is modified.
This is a separate problem that has nothing to do with xmls. Please open an issue in the tracker at sourceforge.

Another question is: why does the source codes of Code::blocks not include the po/mo files for internationalization and localization? E.g., I can't find the po/mo file of zh_CN for chinese users in the source codes or binary files of Code::Blocks.
As far as I know the translations are handled by separate projects.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Easior Lars

Don't know. The effort to port cb to wx3.0 is on going, but there is no one testing and fixing cb on osx.
I'm very interesting in testing the new version of cb on osx. However, I don't know what can I do for it. Or, just pull source codes to local disk and compile them?

This is a separate problem that has nothing to do with xmls. Please open an issue in the tracker at sourceforge.
I means Code::Blocks will remove the symbolic link and will create a copy of default.conf after configurations are changed. Is it a bug?

As far as I know the translations are handled by separate projects.
I know what you have said. But, I don't know why Code::Blocks wouldn't merge them into the source codes or binary files?