Author Topic: Options controlling Fortran dialect  (Read 2424 times)

jotg14

Options controlling Fortran dialect
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:21 am »
Hello,

I am using Code::Blocks in my Mac OS X  to write fortran90 codes, but when I try to build them an error appears on the Build log saying that the line has been truncated. As I'm a newbie in Code::Blocks I have looked for the answer in Google and I have found that I have to introduce:

-ffree-line-length-none or -ffixed-line-length-none (I am not sure which one is the correct) taking into account what this website says: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gfortran/Fortran-Dialect-Options.html

My question is: where and how have I to introduce this commands in order to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
Re: Options controlling Fortran dialect
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:15:03 pm »
I have never used Fortran under Code::Blocks (I used to code a lot of Fortran77 on VAX computers years ago). But I guess it is similar to C++ projects in this regard
Select your project, then use Project -> Build Options...

Under Compiler Settings you should have 3 tabs
Compiler options: See if your options are covered there first, if not go to "other options "
Other options: Here you can add additional compiler options, you could add "-ffree-line-length-none "  or whatever here
#defines: Probably not for Fortran

This procedure is per project & build target. There is also a possibility to set it for all projects/build targets via Settings -> Compiler...