Author Topic: Reporting Bugs  (Read 4979 times)

Offline pluto

• Multiple posting newcomer
Reporting Bugs
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:32 am »
So how does the reporting work?
I see that there is a ticket page at SF (which I already used), but also some bugs are reported on the nightly threads.
What's the preferred way? On the threads when new bugs show up on new builds? Or it's preferred on SF?

I'm not asking to be a perfectionist, but just to do it the less time-expensive way for the devs.
Also because I reported some stuff in a thread, but it's mostly minor issues, and I don't want to open many tickets and clutter the todo list.

BTW, may I suggest to update rule #6 here, also maybe with the link to this page.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Reporting Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »
So how does the reporting work?
I see that there is a ticket page at SF (which I already used), but also some bugs are reported on the nightly threads.
What's the preferred way? On the threads when new bugs show up on new builds? Or it's preferred on SF?

I'm not asking to be a perfectionist, but just to do it the less time-expensive way for the devs.
Also because I reported some stuff in a thread, but it's mostly minor issues, and I don't want to open many tickets and clutter the todo list.

BTW, may I suggest to update rule #6 here, also maybe with the link to this page.

The bugs reported in the nightly threads are supposed to be new bugs that started with that nightly [or at least after the prior nightly].

Edit: I am not positive about the rest of your questions; and, I might not be right about the nightly.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:24:05 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 04:30:02 pm »
Fixed, thanks for remembering !

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »
Thanks, I just see the rule #6 has changed by jens, great!
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.