Author Topic: "Logs & others" window => "Build messages" => "Message" column auto-resizing  (Read 8835 times)

Offline earlgrey

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hello,

Every time I compile, that column auto-resizes itslef so I have to manually re-enlarge it. See the green & red circles on the images below.

BEFORE COMPILATION >>>

AFTER COMPILATION >>>

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:08:23 pm by earlgrey »
* OS = Debian Buster - Linux 4.19.06 x64 SMP
* C::B = svn11267 wx-3.0.4 - Linux, unicode 64 bit

Offline Bat

If you right clic on a line, there is a popup menu where "auto fit" can be enabled

Note :
I don't know if lost of colum size is wanted by design or is a bug(my opinion), if autofit is not enabled
Autofit will occur at end of build stage. If you asked for compile+run, run message will not be treated by autofit

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Is definitely a bug... it seems that at the start of the build there is some wrong auto-fit that happens.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline earlgrey

Shame on me that I did not notice the "autofit" feature since years I have been using C::B.
* OS = Debian Buster - Linux 4.19.06 x64 SMP
* C::B = svn11267 wx-3.0.4 - Linux, unicode 64 bit

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
The patch that restricts autofit to maximum once per every three seconds (drastically improving build times when there are lots of compiler messages) is causing this side effect by fitting to the first line of output.  Ideally, the compiler plugin should additionally execute autofit one last time after a build finishes...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
This issue should be fixed in the latest SVN HEAD.
Please test and report any problems.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Bat

I've used it for a few day. Just to say I haven't noticed any annoyance. So it's better (for me) than before.