Author Topic: SVN 10000 : congratulations  (Read 5122 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
SVN 10000 : congratulations
« on: October 17, 2014, 07:26:01 am »
Nice number ...
What a great job ...
Many many thanks to all devs and contributors.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: SVN 10000 : congratulations
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 07:40:11 am »
Thanks! Well, time to open the one or other can of beer... ;-)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline sorinev

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:51:26 am »
Great milestone. I've been waiting to see that magical little 10000 on the start-up splash of my builds since 9900. But is there any reason the the splash still shows the svn number from the last build prior to the update? I build codeblocks from source on 3 different systems, and each one says the svn number of the previous state. 9966 for one, 9934 for another, and I forget the 3rd. I really wanted to see 10000!

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
just a tip. In src/include delete (or better rename) autorevision.h (don't touch autorevision.h.in !). It will be rebuild automatically with the last svn number.

gd_on

PS : needs a working svn installation in command line, I think !
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:55:45 am by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:10 am »
Great milestone. I've been waiting to see that magical little 10000 on the start-up splash of my builds since 9900. But is there any reason the the splash still shows the svn number from the last build prior to the update? I build codeblocks from source on 3 different systems, and each one says the svn number of the previous state. 9966 for one, 9934 for another, and I forget the 3rd. I really wanted to see 10000!
Did you run ./bootstrap inside your source directory? I'm using svn10001 without any problem, but of course I'm building my own debian packages.

Offline sorinev

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:20:20 pm »
I've been building C::B from source for over a year now and about 9 times out of 10, the svn number on the splash and help menu does update. It's just that weird once in a while that it doesn't. My build process has always been the same.

Linux:
After the first time building it, to update I just do the following
Code
svn update
make -j4
sudo make install

Windows:
Right click folder, svn update.
Open .cpb project, then build.
Open contrib plugins workspace, then build workspace.
Run update.bat.
Copy contents of output folder to where my "installation" of C::B is.

As I said above, it does update 90% of the time. Instructions in the wiki for how to do the initial build are more or less clear, but for updating there aren't really any clear steps, so it took some trial and error for my first times doing updates on each architecture. Never occurred to me to just delete autorevision.h and rebuild, thanks. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:28:57 pm by sorinev »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:15:55 pm »
sorinev: You're skipping the ./bootstrap and ./configure steps both of these are required if you doesn't follow the commit very closely.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sorinev

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 08:45:56 pm »
bootstrap and configure every single time, even for updating, not only on the initial build? Meaning, I have to remember my list of configure options every single time...

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »
Meaning, I have to remember my list of configure options every single time...
No, just Ctrl-R, then type nf (for ./configure).  If you only rarely run a ./configure, then the your command will already appear, or will appear if you tap Ctrl-R a few times.  If you spend all day every day running ./configure then you will have to memorize some (probably 3 letter) unique string from the flags you send to ./configure.  Repeat previous steps with said unique string instead of "nf".  (You can even cheat and design your own unique id, such as CB and manually enter it at the end of your command once, in a shell comment.)
Hit enter to execute.

Offline sorinev

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 11:37:54 pm »
Thanks for the command history search tip. I do occasionally have to do configure for other applications, but it's a small and rare enough situation that it should be a pretty easy search. It appeared to me that bootstrap and configure weren't necessary (which apparently is wrong), so I tried to avoid it because the first time I updated C::B after building, I used bootstrap and configure before make and it screwed my install up pretty badly. It looks to have been some pretty big differences in the options I passed to configure that did it (i.e. forgotten options).

The ^r trick should help keep things straight.