Author Topic: Bookmarks across files  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Napoleon

• Multiple posting newcomer
Bookmarks across files
« on: October 16, 2014, 07:19:31 am »
@oBFusCATed, Just curious.

Bookmarks are working fine within a single file, but cycling through them does not allow me to navigate across files.  Is this something I haven't setup or is it not available in the plugin?

Cheers,
Nap

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Bookmarks across files
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:09:29 am »
Are you talking about the alt-pgup/pgdown?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Napoleon

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:58:56 am »
Alt-PgUp/PgDown don't do anything with my kbd layout.

The "Go to Next Bookmark" option from the context menu (right-click) only allows me to jump between bookmarks within a single file.
So, if I have a bookmark in a different file, I have to manually select that file first and then use the "Go to Next Bookmark" option to get to it.

This is a problem for me at the moment where I'm working on a large project that was given to me and I don't know what each file does.  So as others explain things to me, I would like to be able to set bookmarks so I can find the code/definitions I need later.

Perhaps it's better to leave this thread as a feature request since you're no doubt busy with other things.

Cheers,
Nap

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:40:02 am »
Have you tried the browser tracker plugin?
Probably it could do what you want.

The feature you're talking about is not part of any plugin, but is a part of the sdk.
Also if you close cb the bookmarsk would be lost, because they are not saved in a file.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]