Author Topic: A quick thank you...  (Read 23290 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: A quick thank you...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 08:02:51 pm »
Sorry about that, Ceniza.

So...here is yet another (probably) dumb question.  How exactly do I install the nightly builds?  I have used 7-Zip for years now, so that part is not a problem.  but once the files are unzipped, what then?  Do I copy them into the CodeBlocks directory?

Thanks, everyone.

That it is very easy. First install MinGW (see in the C::B wiki on how to do that). Then decompress the nightly build where you would like and that is :D.

Well, do not forget to download the DLL too together with the nightly build.

Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 08:05:18 pm »
Amazon has 2 used, 0 new.
I said "I don't think you can get it NEW easily" :)

ehm...2 used & new :D. But you're right. Anyway, the first one is like new and very cheap ($12.75). A very good offer IMHO :).

Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 08:12:49 pm »
RKCole: Sorry about what? :?:

Quote from: RKCole
How exactly do I install the nightly builds?

I'mn't the one providing the nightly builds, it's killerbot, but the installation should be quite similar to those I used to provide.

Unpack the latest build in a folder where you want to keep Code::Blocks (I don't suggest you to overwrite an old copy, like RC2, with this one).

If you'ven't got the wxWidgets DLL yet, do so and unpack it in the same folder.

I guess that should do it, I'ven't tried those builds :P

RKCole

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 09:59:36 pm »
I'm not having the best of luck with the nightly build installation.  I know I am doing something wrong.

I have the latest nightly build and the wxWidgets DLL as well.  Once everything is extracted to the folder, I receive an error that states that mingw10.dll cannot be found.  Is there a way which I must extract the MinGW information into the same folder?

Also, would it be best to keep Code::Blocks 1.0RC2 alongside the nightly build?

Thanks for the help and support, everyone.

Take care.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 10:07:16 pm »
Ah, so that's your problem. If you're going to use MinGW, you can either add the path to the bin folder of MinGW to your system PATH or just copy mingwm10.dll from MinGW's bin directory to your Code::Blocks directory.

I'll upload that DLL to my binary snapshots directory just in case. Check my signature for the link.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 10:09:36 pm »
Or copy mingwm10.dll from RC2 to nightly build :).

Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 11:25:52 pm »
killerbot: I suggest you adding the mingwm10.dll to the wxdll 7zipped, so the users willn't have to download it from another place. (Moreover, the mingwm10.dll change from versions to versions for sure).

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 11:29:27 pm »
good idea, will do that from tomorrow on, today's is already out the door.

[edit] Is that the only needed dll ? And where do we advice users to put it ??

takeshimiya

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 11:53:52 pm »
In the same place as you're advicing to put wxwidgets dll. (unless you want to start a dll hell from hell) :P

And yes, I think it's the only needed dll, at least for systems with updated controls (2000/XP).

RKCole

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 12:06:32 am »
Thanks for the input, everyone.

I just did some very extensive searches for some online C++ tutorials.  I also downloaded the free "Thinking in C++" eBook by Bruce Eckel as well.  Along the way I downloaded the wxWidgets manual in the .hlp format as well.  I think I should have plenty of material to read...I'm planning on trying to purchase the wxWidgets book next month, hopefully. (Maybe a Valentine's Day gift from my wife...ha-ha).

You all have a great weekend.

Take care.