Author Topic: Code Blocks: "Highlighting + Middle Mouse Click" to copy & paste?  (Read 4125 times)

Offline xxORVARxx

• Single posting newcomer
Code Blocks: "Highlighting + Middle Mouse Click" to copy & paste?
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »
Hello, I want to be able to highlighting a part of my code in CodeBlocks and then paste it with a middle-mouse-click, just like in most linux applications. ???
I am able to paste a text into CodeBlocks with the middle-mouse-button, which I have highlighted somewhere else, but highlighting a text in CodeBlocks does not make it pastable. :-\
Is there a setting, plugin, script or something that will make it possible to copy a text inside Code Blocks simply by highlighting it?
Thank you.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code Blocks: "Highlighting + Middle Mouse Click" to copy & paste?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:06:50 pm »
It only works as far as it does currently because of several workarounds to a bug in wx28 clipboard handling (the fix only made it into wx30, I believe).  In order to fix, it would likely require a reimplementation/backport of a clipboard manager within C::B

Offline scootergarrett

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:10:39 pm »
I had an old code blocks on my XP computer and i never noticed that feature, now I'm updated to C::B 13.12 and it seems to have the center click paste feature you are looking for in both Windows 7 and linux Mint 16.

Offline xxORVARxx

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
@scootergarrett. Yes you are right! I updated to 13.12 and it works now. Thank you.
Sorry, i should have had checked for newer version before posting....

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »
Oops, misread your post.  Yes, new versions of C::B emulate this (under every OS) due to no system support (on Windows), or wxWidgets bug (wxGTK builds).  The one drawback of this emulation is that the secondary system clipboard (Linux) is not actually touched, so you cannot middle-click paste from C::B out to other programs (although the reverse will work).