Author Topic: The 06 July 2014 build (9844) is out.  (Read 85451 times)

Offline BrianSidebotham

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 06 July 2014 build (9844) is out.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:03:43 pm »
I'm having trouble with "Project->Properties->Debugger->Additional shell commands->Before connection"
I think this is know problem I have to find time to fix.

Excellent, no problem then.

Also it appears that breakpoints don't get removed when using remote debugging. I tried just removing them from the scintilla gutter and also using "Remove All" from the breakpoints window, but nothing clears the breakpoints.
Can you post the full log from the debugger (you have to enable it in the settings).
Can you reproduce the problem with simple console project and gdbserver run on a PC, not some embedded device?

Some further information:

(1) This only happens for remote debugging, debugging the same target on Windows in the same fashion works fine.

(2) Only breakpoints that are created offline, or in other words before debugging is started cannot be removed. On Windows when I set a breakpoint in the code and then start debugging, if I remove that breakpoint I see the command: [debug]> delete breakpoints 3. Under remote debugging the breakpoint gutter icon is removed, but I don't see any command produced in the GDB session.

I hope that makes sense, it's easier than giving a noisy log of GDB activity. Let me know if there's any more information I can provide for you.

Best Regards, Brian.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »
Have you tried to reproduce the problems with running remote debugging against gdbserver started on a windows pc. I think it is possible and this is the only way I can reproduce them and probably fix them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 10:38:33 am »
@Alpha: Do you know why it is asking to set the default compiler? It happens after an upgrade from 9848 to 9853...
I also have this issue when I update to 9854 nightly.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 02:11:52 pm »
Oops, missed that question :-[ .  If I correctly remember, that dialog is triggered whenever batch compiler autodection is run (e.g. some compiler(s) are registered without previous existence in the conf file).  The intent there was that these new compiler settings could potentially be incorrect (due to automatic algorithms), so alerting the user of changes is probably best.

I will have to check back into the code later for further details...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 02:47:59 pm »
Makes a bit of sense, but there is no explanation why this happens presented to the user or at least it is not clear enough. So we as users get confused/annoyed quite a lot.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]