Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 3579 times)

Offline jfpjr

• Multiple posting newcomer
Feature Request
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:30:25 am »
Would it be possible to add an option to prefix the object file name with the project name and underscore.
Ex file1 in the project project1 to be named project1_file1.o. I currently have converted the current option for extended object file names but would like to see it done correctly.

Thank you

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:55 am »
I currently have converted the current option for extended object file names but would like to see it done correctly.
What does this mean?

BTW: You can specify different obj dirs for different projects, so collisions in the files is prevented.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline jfpjr

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51:38 pm »

What does this mean?

I have used the checkbox for extended object names and hacked the code to prefix the file names. I don't know enough about changing the xrc files etc to make all the changes required to add an new checkbox or whatever.

The reason for the request is that I am importing a large lib project and am trying to match how it was originally built.

Thank you.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:30:48 am »
You can:
1) use targets and give every target a separate obj output folder by project->properties->buidl targets->Objects output dir

or  (not a recommended way)
2) change the compiler command line: Settings->Compiler->Other Settings->Advanced options->yes->

greetings