Author Topic: Is it possible to add a new codepage?  (Read 18191 times)

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Is it possible to add a new codepage?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »
I think I found the source of the list "wxFontEncoding".

I suggest building "wxWidgets/samples/font" is the font listed in the sample?
If not, it is likely an issue on your PC or in wxWidgets.

Edit2: I would guess it is a wxWidgets lack of support issue. But, I can not test it since I do NOT have that font on my PC.

Edit3: I would guess the lack of being listed in wxWidgets's common/fmapbase.cpp file is the likely cause of CB not listing it.

Tim S.

Did no one ever read this post!!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 11:16:14 pm »
Could you help me to make code changing font to Lucida Console in my program (to console...)? I'm quite newbie in programming (you see... still in console) and I guess that it is included in windows.h . I tried on my own using prepared code but I failed.
Maybe it'd be nice workaround by the time I start coding windows apps ;)

(at least what i know, but i'm not a good windows programmer) you can change the fond only from the settings of the cmd window....

I think I found the source of the list "wxFontEncoding".

I suggest building "wxWidgets/samples/font" is the font listed in the sample?
If not, it is likely an issue on your PC or in wxWidgets.

Edit2: I would guess it is a wxWidgets lack of support issue. But, I can not test it since I do NOT have that font on my PC.

Edit3: I would guess the lack of being listed in wxWidgets's common/fmapbase.cpp file is the likely cause of CB not listing it.

Tim S.

Did no one ever read this post!!

Tim S.

1) i didn't saw the edits, sorry
2) font != codepage, and so i got confused
3) i don't think that anyone wanted to harass you, but sometimes your way how you write your answers seems rude, so no offense

greetings

Offline coditoter

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 06:22:42 pm »
I am finished helping this site for a while; I get insulted for posting the rules to ignorant users!!

It is just NOT worth the hassle trying to help the new posters on this site; they are just too ignorant of the rules of this site.

And they are just too ignorant of programming.

And, they seem unable to read and understand my replies.

I wasted over an hour trying to help the OP and they appears to NOT even have read my posts.

Tim S.
Yes, I agree with that one statement. Sometimes it's really hard to understand what you mean. We're talking about encoding and you ... about fonts. What?! I totally got lost with your solutions.

So I write some facts:
1)the problem's strongly connected with codeblocks - NOT my system, installed fonts and so on. I found a workaround (see below) and there everything works OK with encoding.
2)You suggested a solution on windows ... but I use linux. Despite that, I looked and found finally config file on linux. Linux uses UTF-8(the file confirmed it), console also so there're no problem with encoding there - console and editor use the same encoding. I think that problem with encoding on win  can be connected with that ... that the editor C::B doesn't have OEM 852 encoding included. Simply. So I think that the best way'd be just to ... add it?. Or change editor. Or change encoding in old-fashioned win console. I think that the best 'd be to add encoding - really helpful4all PL users.
3)I really don't know how to add that encoding in C::B.So I wrote there as a last sort. I'm really not a lazy user  - I tried so many solutions that finally I got eggy and write there. I'm also still investigating the case ;)
4)I also don't sit all day looking in C::B files. And if you mean "wxWidgets/samples/font" I really don't know what you mean - C::B source? C::B folder? Or what? What to build? And why fonts?
5)You're still talking about users that ignore that site's regulamin. But I don't know how did you write some many answers because you behave seriously rude. I read your answer, try TO UNDERSTAND it but ... you're still talking about laziness, my ignorance, stupidness and so on... I 've used many forums and so rude users usually ended up becoming warn. I REALLY TRY TO solve the problem, I don't do nothing. But on the other hand, how I write before, I don't use C::B 24 hours / 7 day editing everything what I can. I don't build it and so on. I don't know what you mean by "C::B sample font(??!). I JUST USE it as my IDE to compile sth else. And by the way - my machine is quite old so if I want to search all my HDD it takes AGES. If you want to help please give more info and if you can - more clearly.
____

So the workaround is to use ... Visual Studio Express to create Win console projects with correct enoding. Why? Because MS included MORE code pages to use. For example mentioned before OEM 852 to encode my national chars like "ąąęęęććć". But it is only for non-commercial usage (if you don't want to pay) and non-free (also ofc not working on linux) so it's not perfect. And what's more, I think that VS 2010's really problem with auto-completion, in contrast to C:: B :) . So if anyone find better solution, please tell. And give "more full" directory to the files if you find sth.

What to do? Create a file and before saving choose in "file" menu option "advanced save" or sth like that and choose correct encoding. That's all.