Author Topic: How do I get the last nightly for Debian Squeeze?  (Read 4215 times)

Offline JimC

• Single posting newcomer
How do I get the last nightly for Debian Squeeze?
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »
Hello, due to hardware constraints (can't seem to get ATI's nonfree ES1000 graphics drivers to work in Wheezy), I'm having to install Debian Squeeze.

I'd prefer to install the latest nightly build that would work with Squeeze; I know Jens does builds, and I've had a poke around his site, but I couldn't find anything (not that I'm sure I'd recognise it if I saw it) :-p

Any ideas? I'm not great at this so step-by-step would be useful :-)

Thanks!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How do I get the last nightly for Debian Squeeze?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:41:52 am »
You have to compile it yourself.
The latest nightly for squeeze in my repo is pre-13.11: https://apt.jenslody.de/squeeze/pool/main/c/codeblocks/ .
And I will not build newer ones, unless I get paid for it.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:23:39 pm »
Hello, due to hardware constraints (can't seem to get ATI's nonfree ES1000 graphics drivers to work in Wheezy), I'm having to install Debian Squeeze.

I'd prefer to install the latest nightly build that would work with Squeeze; I know Jens does builds, and I've had a poke around his site, but I couldn't find anything (not that I'm sure I'd recognise it if I saw it) :-p

Any ideas? I'm not great at this so step-by-step would be useful :-)

Thanks!

Hi, I use Jens' source tarballs to build under Kubuntu, and it works fine

Se step by step here
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18580.msg127254.html#msg127254

Note I'm just guessing it should work for debian, but it is worth a try.

Offline JimC

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:43 am »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, been burning the midnight oil trying to get Wheezy to work with the Dell R200's ES1000 without appalling lag.

Thanks for the replies, which I'm sure will come in useful to someone else. I, however, have managed to get 1920x1200 resolution working with decent speed (admittedly only at 16bit color depth) so I'll be sticking with Wheezy.

PS - thanks for the nightlies over the years Jens; I've just emailed you some coffee money :-)