Author Topic: The 10 January 2006 build is out.  (Read 51526 times)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 10 January 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 09:10:37 pm »
And next:

1. Open CodeBlocks and create new file (File -> New).
2. Minimize CodeBlocks.
3. Open the new file in external editor (such as Notepad).
4. Edit the file in Notepad and save changes you made.
5. Press the CodeBlocks button in the Taskbar to maximize CodeBlocks.
6. The file is changed but no reload file dialog is shown.
Regarding this bug, I suggest you have "check for external modifications" turned off. It works without any problems here...

By the way, this is not a good place to post bugs.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:04 pm »
Regarding this bug, I suggest you have "check for external modifications" turned off. It works without any problems here...

Hmm... try minimizing Code::Blocks by clicking the taskbar icon (in step 2.). I can reproduce this bug. The reload file dialog *is* shown after I minimize C::B again.

By the way, this is not a good place to post bugs.

I haven't posted it to SF.net yet because you said you cannot reproduce it.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 09:33:38 pm »
Hmm... try minimizing Code::Blocks by clicking the taskbar icon (in step 2.). I can reproduce this bug. The reload file dialog *is* shown after I minimize C::B again.
That is an entirely different thing than what you wrote above. You said no dialog was shown at all. Now it is about the same dialog being shown over and over again.
My revision 1717 build does not show either of these bugs.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 09:52:05 pm »
That is an entirely different thing than what you wrote above. You said no dialog was shown at all.

Yeah, you are right, I should have been more clearer. Partly this was because of the bug though, because the reload file pops up in wrong place I didn't notice it earlier.

After step 6. the reload file dialog is not shown. It isn't under the main application. It doesn't exist. Now, if I *after* step 6. minimize C::B the reload file pops up when C::B is fully minimized.

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 10:36:41 pm »
Here's the final set of steps:

1. Open CodeBlocks and create new file (File -> New).
2. Minimize CodeBlocks using taskbar icon. If you minimize using the minimize button in the top of the window the bug cannot be reproduced.
3. Open the new file in external editor (such as Notepad).
4. Edit the file in Notepad and save changes you made.
5. Press the CodeBlocks button in the Taskbar to maximize CodeBlocks. Do not restore by right clicking with mouse and selecting Restore.
6. The file is changed but no reload file dialog is shown.

Now try to regain focus to the main application (first lose the focus and then set the focus back) and the reload file dialog is displayed. This can be done e.g. by minimizing C::B.

If it's still unclear what I'm talking about, watch this flash demo, it shows the steps and reproduces the bug: http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/pub/bug.htm. It's made with Wink. I know the colors look like s***t but I needed to keep the file size small. Now I'm going to bed. Good night.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 12:37:45 am »
I've posted the following bug to the tracker:

1. Launch Code::Blocks.
2. Create new project (File -> New project...)
3. Select Console application (or other project type). Select "C:\" (or other drive root directory) as the directory where to create files. Type name for the project.
4. Press OK. The project creation fails.

#1403023 Project creation to drive root fails (nightly)

I have fixed this and posted a patch for it @ sourceforge.
@Yiannis, I have assigned it to you. Very little changes.
While debugging and fixing this I noted that the wxString's are not shown correctly when they contain a '\', it shows 2 characters for it , the '\' followed by another one.

Cheers,
Lieven