Author Topic: The 06 July 2014 build (9844) is out.  (Read 85447 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 July 2014 build (9844) is out.
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:19:24 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc481-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/mingwm10_gcc481-TDM.7z

The 06 July 2014 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2014/CB_20140706_rev9844_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• pumped (wx)Scintilla to v3.4.3
  • better resource descriptions under Windows
  • issue an error if creating crash log report fails under Windows
  • CC: apply Huki's patch to fix a dead lock issue
  • CC: apply patch by Huki. Speed up canceling the ongoing parser, if a parser is going to die, we don't need to clean up the temporary tokens of the parser before its death
  • fixed linking to object files directly as described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19256.0.html
  • CC: the workspace changed event does sent when user try to close the application, so fix the wrong comments description there. At this time, a NULL project pointer will be returned from the GetActiveProject() function, thus we don't need to update the GUI. Related forum post here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19359.0.html
  • fixed several crash candidates with EditorColourSet while hunting a crash bug
  • SmartIndent: handle (some) smart indentation for embedded languages (PHP, JavaScript, etc) within HTML
  • scripting: Add function to convert a compiler name to compiler id in the CompilerFactory binding
  • CC: apply patch by Huki. When a virtual target is selected, collect the defines for all child targets
  • CC: fix a bug in splitting macro's actual arguments
  • CC: add a new CC replacement rule: XXXXX -> @, and document the ReplaceMacro() function. The new rule triggers the tokenizer to switch to macro replacement mode, thus a macro definition can be looked up in the token tree. This fixes a bug report here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19278.0.html.
  • scripting_wizard: Add API for filling a wxChoice control with filtered compilers list (removed some code duplication, too)
  • scripting_wizard: Modify the ComboBox APIs to work with wxChoice or similar controls
  • CC: apply Huki's patch to fix Tokenizer issue. Fixed undo token behavior when macro replacement involved. A very detailed bug reports and fixes can be founds in four posts follow the link: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18315.msg132555.html#msg132555
  • sdk: Add split/unslit editor events (thanks arthurzmj)
  • keybinder: Make the plugin use the new events (thanks arthurzmj)
  • issue a warning (info window) if the user tries to access a member of a global variable that has not been defined (GCV is defined, user-defined member not)
  • scripting_wizard: Make it possible to get or set the value from a wxComboBox
  • scripted_wizard: Make it possible to create target wizard, without the need to add BuildTarget panel

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:24:07 pm by killerbot »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 06 July 2014 build (9844) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:58:00 pm »
    As usual (and most of the time updated more frequently):

Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my debian-repo.
    Fedora packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems (fc19, fc20 and rawhide) and RedHat/CentOS 5 and 6 packages (also 32-bit and 64-bit) can be found in my rpm-repo .

Offline shurick

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:12:12 pm »
    Packages for openSUSE (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:12:18 pm by shurick »
    Packages for openSUSE http://codeblocks.esy.es  (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Offline damorin

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »
    Hi,

C::B died unexpectedly while trying to open a file from the projects window. See attached RPT.

svn 9844
    Windows XP SP3.
    One problem at a time and we will get there.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »
    damorin: Do you use the codesnippets plugin? Can you reproduce the crash more than once?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline damorin

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:26 pm »
    damorin: Do you use the codesnippets plugin? Can you reproduce the crash more than once?
    Hi,

Nope and it occurred only once only a few hours after I installed it.

One problem at a time and we will get there.

Offline White-Tiger

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:14:39 pm »
    well... got an issue with code completion closing a sec after opening... this exists in all versions of Code::Blocks IIRC...
    Basically you write somethings that can be auto completed. such as "unsigned" (auto completion might drop in after "uns") this will open the typical code completion popup but it will also close within' 1 second if your mouse hovers any type of identifier.. because it opens that definition after 1 second.

This happens because with every character you write, the definition popup triggers... Normally it wouldn't trigger when you press CTRL-SPACE to open code completion... or pressing ENTF
    So I guess you'll have to remove that from the definition popup.. or handle the case that code completion is open.
    Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
    Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

Offline White-Tiger

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:14:49 am »
    Code completion parsing bug:
    following code got missing functions in struct dafuq_t:
    Code
    #define DLL_CALLCONV_ __stdcall
    typedef struct{char b;char g;char r;char a;} RGBQUAD_;
    typedef struct{
    BYTE *(DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetBits)(void *dib);
    BYTE *(DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetScanLine)(void *dib, int scanline);
    BOOL (DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetPixelIndex)(void *dib, unsigned x, unsigned y, BYTE *value);
    BOOL (DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetPixelColor)(void *dib, unsigned x, unsigned y, RGBQUAD_ *value);
    BOOL (DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_SetPixelIndex)(void *dib, unsigned x, unsigned y, BYTE *value);
    BOOL (DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_SetPixelColor)(void *dib, unsigned x, unsigned y, RGBQUAD_ *value);
    unsigned (DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetDIBSize)(void *dib);
    RGBQUAD_ *(DLL_CALLCONV_ *FI_GetPalette)(void *dib);
    } dafuq_t;
    dafuq_t* dafuq;
    FI_GetBits, FI_GetScanLine and FI_GetPalette aren't detected because their return value is a pointer.
    Also it doesn't seem like "dafuq" is correctly resolved.. "dafuq->" doesn't popup a member list. (and in case I understood cctest correctly, it also doesn't list its members)

I've run into problems relating function pointers a few times already... but I'm not sure if they were all related to pointer return values like here
    Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
    Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

Offline BrianSidebotham

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:16 pm »
    Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with "Project->Properties->Debugger->Additional shell commands->Before connection"

Nothing gets executed from here, instead I have to use "Project->Build Options->Post-build steps" which works fine.

I need these steps for copying the executable to a target machine and launching a remote gdbserver.

Best Regards, Brian.

Offline BrianSidebotham

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 03:17:09 pm »
    Also it appears that breakpoints don't get removed when using remote debugging. I tried just removing them from the scintilla gutter and also using "Remove All" from the breakpoints window, but nothing clears the breakpoints.

Typing delete in the gdb command window works fine however. Thanks so much for thinking of these sorts of things - CodeBlocks is such an excellent IDE!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »
    I'm having trouble with "Project->Properties->Debugger->Additional shell commands->Before connection"
    I think this is know problem I have to find time to fix.

Also it appears that breakpoints don't get removed when using remote debugging. I tried just removing them from the scintilla gutter and also using "Remove All" from the breakpoints window, but nothing clears the breakpoints.
    Can you post the full log from the debugger (you have to enable it in the settings).
    Can you reproduce the problem with simple console project and gdbserver run on a PC, not some embedded device?
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:55:59 am »
    Guys, since svn9851 a very strange behavior appeared with Code::Blocks.

Tab key became 5 spaces instead of 4 without me touching it and for some reason plugin SmartIndentCpp got disabled as well (again!) without me touching any of my settings.

What the...?!

Specs
    ---------
    GNU / Linux Debian testing (32-bit), GCC 4.9.1, wxGTK 2.8.12

P.S.: Right after upgraded from svn9844 to svn9851 it asked me to choose my default compiler for some reason. Is this behavior logical thus far? Cheers
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:51:58 pm by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline White-Tiger

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 10:17:04 pm »
    [...]
    P.S.: Right after upgraded from svn9844 to svn9851 it asked me to choose my default compiler for some reason. Is this behavior logical thus far? Cheers
    just in case this wasn't intended... +1 ;) But can't say anything about which rev it was.. just a few days ago. My guess: rev 9851

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 07:52:43 am »
    Also, there's something's wrong with the parser. I have created an empty project and created a header file and it would not suggest anything as I type, only my own header's name with Ctrl+Space; all I see is that message about parser still parsing. I manually forced it to reparse the entire project and still the issue remained the same. In source file though everything worked okay.

This issue is with svn9853; i haven't tested with svn9851.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:19 am »
    @Alpha: Do you know why it is asking to set the default compiler? It happens after an upgrade from 9848 to 9853...