Author Topic: Virtual Space Problems  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Traum

• Single posting newcomer
Virtual Space Problems
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »
Hello

Please help me with using of Virtual Space.

If Virtual Space is on so it is possible to place the cursor anywhere and begin typing the text. But if i insert the text from the clipboard the text is placed so as if virtual place is off. If i drag some text by pressing CTRL to any place so the text will be copied but so as if virtual space is off

Maybe it is needed to turn on (or off) some other options ?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Virtual Space Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:12:12 pm »
Does these two work correctly in Scite or any other scintilla based editor?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Traum

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »
Hello!

I do not know about Scite or other scintilla based editor. I begun using of Code::Blocks recently. All I know is that in the Visual Studio all elements of Virtual Space work correctly. But Code::Blocks has some advantages and i would like to use it.

May be it  is possible to include these possibilities in a wishlist for future versions of Code::Blocks. Where it could be done?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:07:25 pm »
C::B uses Scintilla as an editor component and if something is not supported by this component we rarely implement it ourselves. So you should probably play with Scite or any other editor using this same component to see if this feature is available. If it is possible then we can consider this problem a bug in C::B.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]