Author Topic: After reinstall codeblocks programs will no longer compile please help.  (Read 17285 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
C::B is multipurpose C/C++ ide, I hope you don't expect C::B to depend on all supported compilers, SDKs, libraries, etc!
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
C::b doesn`t need xterm to work (your programs will compile and run fine without it...). So it is not a dependency, and why should c::b then install it?
On debian and rpm-based distros it's a dependency since this year (january 2014), because we had too much posts because of a missing xterm (or other terminal-emulator) and xterm is the default setting in C::B and has no (or very few) external dependencies itself..

Offline carlyn

• Multiple posting newcomer
jens, thx.  could you educate me on what debian, rpm based distros... means versus Ubuntu/mint. i have ubuntu on one drive and mint on another. just because my googling of linux led me to believe they were quite novice friendly which so far seem to be working out for me.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Which distro to use is very much a matter of taste.
I have used debian for a long time, but never liked ubuntu.
I switched to fedora some time ago (two years or so).
You can work with all of them.

If you want more actual C::B, you can have alook at our nightlies threads in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html.
Announced are windows builds, but in the answers you find links to linux nightlies for several distros.

If you use recent ubuntu or fedora you can use one of my repos (see my signature for links with more detailed instructions), I do not have mint (at the moment), but it might also work.
The official repos of the distros usually have older revisions of the official releases. That's one cause, why we always want to know the version-number of C::B.