Author Topic: Projects confuse me? Please help!  (Read 5740 times)

Offline NutellaDaddy

• Single posting newcomer
Projects confuse me? Please help!
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:51:50 am »
Ok, so how the project and workspace thing work confuses me quite a bit. I know how you can choose your project type and everything ,but I am trying to make a 3d project window that has a surrounding gui interface(it surrounds the 3d window part of the application) I was wondering how you mix 3d and gui projects to get a result as I fore-mentioned. Thanks for any help. I just got into Code Blocks and C++. Sorry if I sound stupid!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Projects confuse me? Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:56:52 am »
Wizzard Projects are only a roughly framework of what you want to do. In your case, i would recommend a gui project as a base. Then you have to add the 3d libraries and include paths at your own to the project. Since you don't give future information i can't help you more.
You can find a lot help in the wiki/faq section. If you encounter a compiler problem, please read and follow this: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

greetings

Offline NutellaDaddy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:25:27 am »
So (me trying to understand this) you think I should make a script with paths to the other project? Or do you mean to put a 3d project inside of the base gui project?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:58 pm »

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »
So (me trying to understand this) you think I should make a script with paths to the other project? Or do you mean to put a 3d project inside of the base gui project?
What BlueHazzard said is right  !! :
- Create a GUI project
- Then, add to you project (Project -> Build options) the 3D libs you need

Don't forget that:
- Project are designed to group some source/header/resource/whatever files which will produce an executable
- Workspace are designed to group some Project which are related (eg. a program and a shared lib used by this program)

So, you don't need a script with paths to the other project !
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline NutellaDaddy

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:42:29 pm »
Thank you! I understand perfectly now!