Author Topic: Lost compiler flags in Build options.  (Read 29622 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Lost compiler flags in Build options.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 04:14:22 am »
I just realized you likely want to know why the compiler flags went missing.

1. The files was deleted by accident either by end user or system software.
2. The file(s) was being edited and Code::Blocks had a error or crash resulting in damaged file(s)
3. The permission on the files was incorrect; seems to happen on Linux from time to time.

I would guess number 3 or number 2 happened in your case.

The directions I posted should fix number 1 and number 2 issues.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 10:20:14 pm »
@vid512: Yes this is a bug. We've not solved it, because we don't know how to reproduce it and unfortunately no one spent the time to look at the code in order to predict how it might have happened. Do you remember what kind of changes have you made to the compiler flags? Do you have some crashes of C::B? Are you using more than one instance at the same time?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline garwin

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2023, 02:42:37 pm »
I have same problems - compilar flag tabs are empty (Using standard Codeblock 20.03). It started exactly when I copy default compiler setting (previously updated to gcc 12.1 without any issue) to create copies with different version of gcc (13.1 and 13.2) including renaming default gcc with appendix about gcc version.

I deleted file: options_gcc.xml and it helps restore partially things back. Compiler flags are visible however Codeblocks now report there is no default compiler. I checked the setting, it add "mingw32-" before gcc.exe in C compiler and for linker in dynamic libs. For some versions it include this prefix even before C++ compiler.

I corrected everything and it works.
However noted that I need to do a change on single compiler settings and that "OK" before moving to another one, otherwise it seems it does not change it correctly.