Author Topic: cblauncher.exe reported as trojan.gen.SMH  (Read 7955 times)

Offline ajb45

• Single posting newcomer
cblauncher.exe reported as trojan.gen.SMH
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
This morning, the corporate Symantec Endpoint Protection on my work laptop reported CBLauncher.exe (from the 9744 nightly) as security risk "Trojan.Gen.SMH".
It's probably a false positive since I've had CB 9744 running for a while now, and it's probably a new set of virus sig downloads that has triggered this.

I've managed to get a different launcher (from 9673) that SEP doesn't complain about, but has anyone else encountered this. Can the next nightly build have a CBLauncher that doesn't fall foul of this(?).

I'll no doubt get my collar felt by by IT security in a bit as SEP records all risks centrally at our place!
Cheers

Offline EnterTheNameHere

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: cblauncher.exe reported as trojan.gen.SMH
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:44:27 am »
Did You downloaded from the link from killerbot? (pointing to BerliOS which then redirects to sourceforge)

I downloaded it now and checked against ESET Smart Security (current database) and no threat detected inside the archive or during/after extraction.

Offline ajb45

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:09 pm »
Yes, all the official links used for downloading.

I downloaded a fresh copy after SEP first complained on the off chance that it had been tampered with since I'd first installed codeblocks. But SEP still complained on the fresh download...
On a different machine I checked it against Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes, and both reported no threat, so looks like an issue with SEPs latest virus signatures.

I've found a webpage where I can report it to Symantec so I'll do that

Offline ajb45

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:06:42 pm »
Response from Symantec. Fair play to them, they responded quickly..

In relation to submission [3491738].

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

5E26CB4DA25A0991F55E237EA144D89C - CbLauncher.exe

The updated detection(s) will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions, available via LiveUpdate or from our website at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html