Author Topic: Crashing on editor  (Read 11615 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Crashing on editor
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »
Why not install VS2013, copy the VC folder elsewhere, uninstall VS and use the copied folder?
I won't right now, I don't have such resource.

Edit:  Just retried the complex macro setting and CB didn't freeze, perhaps it had something todo with my global paths? but if so the parser should have recognised that and skipped them. Seems I've lost a step somewhere that caused the parser to freeze the ui, but it is definitely safe to say part of the problem lies in the parser because th ui only ever freezed when I opened a file or click somewhere on a pre-opened file.

Edit: Deliberately broke VC tool chain path and there was no freeze either, dunno what else the missing step could be.
The parser don't do magic things, all it do is open a file, and parse it. You can even build C::B, then run C::B in a debugger(GDB), then you can halt the C::B to see why it goes to infinity loop.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline awsdert

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 09:11:29 am »
Okay, I just added the WIN7 SDK includes to a fresh project that uses Iup (with follow GLOBAL & process complex on) and the GUI just locked up on me when I went back to the file I was working on

Edit: After reloading, disabling parse complex, trying, re-enabling, and trying again the issue has once again vanished, leaves me ???.
As for compiling CB I took one look at the source and guide and decided it was too complex for me to bother (I'm REALLY lazy).
Maybe I'll try after I get everything else I wanna do done first.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:35:40 am by awsdert »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 06:55:20 am »
Okay, I just added the WIN7 SDK includes to a fresh project that uses Iup (with follow GLOBAL & process complex on) and the GUI just locked up on me when I went back to the file I was working on

Edit: After reloading, disabling parse complex, trying, re-enabling, and trying again the issue has once again vanished, leaves me ???.
As for compiling CB I took one look at the source and guide and decided it was too complex for me to bother (I'm REALLY lazy).
Maybe I'll try after I get everything else I wanna do done first.
I don't have Win7 SDK includes, so I don't know how to help. Is there any way I can get a simple SDK headers and your sample projects?
Other wise, you need to debug this issue yourself( build C::B from source, and run it under GDB, and see whether it goes into an infinite loop in the parser)
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.