Author Topic: C::B With IM  (Read 21806 times)

Offline kirash4

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: C::B With IM
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »
i reread your log, and i think you added the libraries in the wrong field, because there is no -l at the beginning of the library names:
you have to add the libraries in Project->Build Options->Linker Settings->Link libraries

Try this.

Ok, that produced a different error:
Code
mingw32-g++.exe -O2 -I"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include" -c T:\povpoi\arc.cpp -o T:\povpoi\arc.o
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib" -o T:\povpoi\arc.exe T:\povpoi\arc.o   -lCORE_RL_Magick++_.lib -lCORE_RL_magick_.lib -lCORE_RL_wand_.lib
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCORE_RL_Magick++_.lib
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCORE_RL_magick_.lib
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCORE_RL_wand_.lib
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
3 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

So evidently it does need the full path on the libraries. I did make sure to add it in the linker search path by the way.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »
Try without the .lib extension

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:35 pm »
I can't recommend to work without a project. This makes always problems...

if dmoore's tip don't help try this:

Add the compiler option -v in Project->build options->Compiler settings->Other options and Project->build options->Linker settings->Other Linker options and make a rebuild (Build->Rebuild)
this will give you a detailed description of your paths and errors... If you can't find the error you can post the full rebuild log here

greetings

Offline kirash4

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 11:44:21 pm »
Try without the .lib extension
No dice, back to original errors:
Code
mingw32-g++.exe -O2 -I"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include" -c T:\povpoi\arc.cpp -o T:\povpoi\arc.o
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib" -o T:\povpoi\arc.exe T:\povpoi\arc.o   -lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x84): undefined reference to `Magick::InitializeMagick(char const*)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x249): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::Image(std::string const&)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x26a): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2c8): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::unsharpmask(double, double, double, double)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2ed): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::Color(unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x305): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x344): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x36f): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::extent(Magick::Geometry const&, Magick::Color const&)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x387): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x392): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3d2): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3f3): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::size(Magick::Geometry const&)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x409): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x41b): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::virtualPixelMethod(MagickCore::VirtualPixelMethod)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x45c): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::distort(MagickCore::DistortImageMethod, unsigned int, double const*, bool)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x471): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::virtualPixelMethod(MagickCore::VirtualPixelMethod)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4b0): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::distort(MagickCore::DistortImageMethod, unsigned int, double const*, bool)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4be): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4d5): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x513): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x546): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::extent(Magick::Geometry const&, Magick::Color const&, MagickCore::GravityType)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x55e): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x572): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::write(std::string const&)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x588): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::~Color()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x59d): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::~Image()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x601): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(char const*)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x620): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::resize(Magick::Geometry const&)'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x636): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8bf): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8d4): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::~Color()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8e9): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::~Image()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x903): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x91a): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
T:\povpoi\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x931): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))
34 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))

Offline kirash4

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 11:48:41 pm »
I can't recommend to work without a project. This makes always problems...

if dmoore's tip don't help try this:

Add the compiler option -v in Project->build options->Compiler settings->Other options and Project->build options->Linker settings->Other Linker options and make a rebuild (Build->Rebuild)
this will give you a detailed description of your paths and errors... If you can't find the error you can post the full rebuild log here

greetings
I can't do that because I'm not working inside of a project, so those options are all grayed out. So I'll have to create a new project and import the code and go from there. Give me a minute or two ...

Offline kirash4

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 12:01:14 am »
Here you go. This is following dmoore's suggestion of removing the path from the libraries as well as their extension, and setting (or rather keeping) the search path pointed where the libraries are. I'm seeing where it's searching, and those are correct paths:
Code
-------------- Clean: Release in POVpoi (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Cleaned "POVpoi - Release"

-------------- Build: Release in POVpoi (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -O2 -v -O2 -I"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include" -c G:\Dropbox\CodeBlocks\POVpoi\arc.cpp -o obj\Release\arc.o
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=mingw32-g++.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../../src/gcc-4.7.1/configure --build=mingw32 --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --enable-threads=win32 --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gnu-ld --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry --disable-symvers --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx --disable-werror --prefix=/mingw32tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw32tdm --enable-cxx-flags='-fno-function-sections -fno-data-sections' --with-pkgversion=tdm-1 --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.7.1 (tdm-1)
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-Wall' '-fexceptions' '-O2' '-v' '-O2' '-I' 'C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include' '-c' '-o' 'obj\Release\arc.o' '-mtune=i386' '-march=i386'
 c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/cc1plus.exe -quiet -v -I C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include -iprefix c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/ G:\Dropbox\CodeBlocks\POVpoi\arc.cpp -quiet -dumpbase arc.cpp -mtune=i386 -march=i386 -auxbase-strip obj\Release\arc.o -O2 -O2 -Wall -version -fexceptions -o C:\Users\ASHLEY~1.KIR\AppData\Local\Temp\cc36P96r.s
GNU C++ (tdm-1) version 4.7.1 (mingw32)
compiled by GNU C version 4.7.1, GMP version 4.3.2, MPFR version 2.4.2, MPC version 0.8.2
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072
ignoring nonexistent directory "c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/include"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/mingw32"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/backward"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../include"
ignoring duplicate directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include-fixed"
ignoring nonexistent directory "c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/lib/gcc/../../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/include"
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/mingw32
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/backward
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../include
 c:\program files (x86)\codeblocks\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/include-fixed
End of search list.
GNU C++ (tdm-1) version 4.7.1 (mingw32)
compiled by GNU C version 4.7.1, GMP version 4.3.2, MPFR version 2.4.2, MPC version 0.8.2
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072
Compiler executable checksum: 1b05afeca9d712f769248af52f554d5e
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-Wall' '-fexceptions' '-O2' '-v' '-O2' '-I' 'C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include' '-c' '-o' 'obj\Release\arc.o' '-mtune=i386' '-march=i386'
 c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/as.exe -v -I C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\include -o obj\Release\arc.o C:\Users\ASHLEY~1.KIR\AppData\Local\Temp\cc36P96r.s
GNU assembler version 2.22 (mingw32) using BFD version (GNU Binutils) 2.22
COMPILER_PATH=c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/
LIBRARY_PATH=c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/lib/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib" -o bin\Release\POVpoi.exe obj\Release\arc.o  -s -v  -lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=mingw32-g++.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../../src/gcc-4.7.1/configure --build=mingw32 --enable-languages=c,c++,ada,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --enable-threads=win32 --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gnu-ld --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry --disable-symvers --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx --disable-werror --prefix=/mingw32tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw32tdm --enable-cxx-flags='-fno-function-sections -fno-data-sections' --with-pkgversion=tdm-1 --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.7.1 (tdm-1)
COMPILER_PATH=c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/
LIBRARY_PATH=c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/lib/;c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-LC:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib' '-o' 'bin\Release\POVpoi.exe' '-s' '-v' '-mtune=i386' '-march=i386'
 c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/collect2.exe -Bdynamic -o bin\Release\POVpoi.exe -s c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../crt2.o c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/crtbegin.o -LC:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib -Lc:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1 -Lc:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc -Lc:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/lib -Lc:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../.. obj\Release\arc.o -lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_ -Bstatic -lstdc++ -Bdynamic -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/crtend.o
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x84): undefined reference to `Magick::InitializeMagick(char const*)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x249): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::Image(std::string const&)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x26a): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2c8): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::unsharpmask(double, double, double, double)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2ed): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::Color(unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x305): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x344): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x36f): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::extent(Magick::Geometry const&, Magick::Color const&)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x387): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x392): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3d2): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3f3): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::size(Magick::Geometry const&)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x409): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x41b): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::virtualPixelMethod(MagickCore::VirtualPixelMethod)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x45c): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::distort(MagickCore::DistortImageMethod, unsigned int, double const*, bool)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x471): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::virtualPixelMethod(MagickCore::VirtualPixelMethod)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4b0): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::distort(MagickCore::DistortImageMethod, unsigned int, double const*, bool)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4be): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x4d5): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::constImage() const'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x513): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(unsigned int, unsigned int, int, int, bool, bool)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x546): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::extent(Magick::Geometry const&, Magick::Color const&, MagickCore::GravityType)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x55e): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x572): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::write(std::string const&)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x588): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::~Color()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x59d): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::~Image()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x601): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::Geometry(char const*)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x620): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::resize(Magick::Geometry const&)'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x636): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8bf): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8d4): undefined reference to `Magick::Color::~Color()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x8e9): undefined reference to `Magick::Image::~Image()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x903): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x91a): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
obj\Release\arc.o:arc.cpp:(.text.startup+0x931): undefined reference to `Magick::Geometry::~Geometry()'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))
34 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))
Build log saved as:
file://G:/Dropbox/CodeBlocks/POVpoi/POVpoi_build_log.html

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:29 am »
FYI:

The order of the libs in linking matter!

I suggest trying different orders of these three.

Code
-lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline kirash4

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:14 am »
FYI:

The order of the libs in linking matter!

I suggest trying different orders of these three.

Code
-lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_

Tim S.

That's what I'm seeing in the log file:
Code
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\lib" -o bin\Release\POVpoi.exe obj\Release\arc.o  -s -v  -lCORE_RL_Magick++_ -lCORE_RL_magick_ -lCORE_RL_wand_

Offline osdt

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:39 am »
It looks like you are trying to link libraries (CORE_RL_magick_.lib, ...) built for MSVC. This will not work for MinGW as your toolchain. Is there any CORE*.a or CORE*.dll.a file in the lib-folder?

Offline kirash4

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 12:43:06 am »
It looks like you are trying to link libraries (CORE_RL_magick_.lib, ...) built for MSVC. This will not work for MinGW as your toolchain. Is there any CORE*.a or CORE*.dll.a file in the lib-folder?
Nope. So if this won't work with the MinGW toolchain with C::B, what would you suggest?

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:40 am »
Get the mingw binary instead. (EDIT: it's confusingly listed under the Unix binaries... this is the one I had downloaded in my earlier posts)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:56:41 am by dmoore »

Offline kirash4

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 01:01:50 am »
Get the mingw binary instead. (EDIT: it's confusingly listed under the Unix binaries... this is the one I had downloaded in my earlier posts)
Ok. This download doesn't have an actual installation, though am I correct in assuming all you're using that for is for linking against? Meaning, can I leave the regular installation in place?

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 01:13:13 am »
Ok. This download doesn't have an actual installation, though am I correct in assuming all you're using that for is for linking against? Meaning, can I leave the regular installation in place?

Yes, they should not clash. I think it's common to install these mingw bundles into your mingw folder (so bin ends up in C:\mingw\bin etc) but then it's hard to remove/upgrade outdated libs if you do that.

Offline kirash4

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 01:19:00 am »
Yeah, I can put them elsewhere and just point C::B to them, no biggy. Progress report: I was able to successfully compile my test program. A few warnings, but nothing of real consequence:
Code
||=== Build: Release in POVpoi (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
T:\ImageMagick-6.8.5\include\ImageMagick-6\magick\magick-config.h|29|warning: #warning "you should set MAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH to sensible default set it to configure time default" [-Wcpp]|
T:\ImageMagick-6.8.5\include\ImageMagick-6\magick\magick-config.h|30|warning: #warning "this is an obsolete behavior please fix your makefile" [-Wcpp]|
T:\ImageMagick-6.8.5\include\ImageMagick-6\magick\magick-config.h|52|warning: #warning "you should set MAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE to sensible default set it to configure time default" [-Wcpp]|
T:\ImageMagick-6.8.5\include\ImageMagick-6\magick\magick-config.h|53|warning: #warning "this is an obsolete behavior please fix yours makefile" [-Wcpp]|
||=== Build finished: 0 error(s), 4 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s)) ===|

My next issue now is that I can't execute the compiled program. First it told me that a libMagick library was missing so I dropped that in the same folder as the compiled binary, but now it's complaining about missing pthreadGC2.dll and I have no idea where that came from.

So, is there a way to create these binaries where they don't rely on the various library files needing to be present in the same folder? I realize this would make the binary itself much larger but in the end I think it would make it easier for distributing.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 01:29:30 am »
Could be that they compiled against an older mingw. You might need to compile it yourself. In any case, this is getting off topic for the Code::Blocks forum. You may be better served (and better follow our forum rules) by taking this up on the ImageMagick support forums/lists.