Author Topic: Linker target messsed up on single file  (Read 21864 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Linker target messsed up on single file
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 09:48:26 pm »
That's why I said it would have been sufficient to say "There was no issue that I could find in the project cfg, see if the toolchain executables are actually able to compile 64bit code", I did not ask you to solve the problem if it was not a cfg issue but rather check to see if it was a cfg issue or just me missing something in the documentation. I never expected you to research any compiler or linker stuff just to check whether something in xml was causing my problem, if you found an issue there then that's all I expected you to help me with. Anything further, while nice, was not within my expectations.

YOU ARE ON THE INTERNET! LEARN TO USE GOOGLE! LEARN TO ASK SMART QUESTIONS! LEARN TO THINK!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline awsdert

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »
If you think I didn't use google then you should've just ignored my post, and just so you are aware I do know how to use google and how to think (wouldn't be programming if I didn't), I'm just human not a robot like you seem to be mr I'm so perfect. It seems to me that it's you who doesn't think at all and as such in future I will ignore your posts when I notice they are from you goodbye.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:10:23 pm by awsdert »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »
If you think I didn't use google then you should've just ignored my post, and just so you are aware I do know how to use google and how to think (wouldn't be programming if I didn't), I'm just human not a robot like you seem to be mr I'm so perfect. It seems to me that it's you who doesn't think at all and as such in future I will ignore your posts when I notice they are from you goodbye.

I found the post using Google you idiot!@!!!!!!!!!!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »
@ awsdert
From your original post, I see some linker errors, and you try to solve those linker errors. But that is not a C::B question right I can see.

If you think it is a C::B question, then you can show us what is the correct linker command C::B should execute.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »
@stahta01: You're a bit more aggressive than needed...

@awsdert:
I'm not sure if VC compilers in C::B are setup to generate 64bit code by default.
If I were you I'd try to build a hello world project in 32bit mode first, to verify the 32bit version works.
Then I'll try to build in 64bit the same project.
Also I'd try to build on the command line. The VC compiler provide batch scripts which setups the environment correctly for both 32 and 64 bits.
Use them and inspect the environment variables with executing "set".
Also I'll search the wiki for info about VC, because the setup is not simple...

Good luck...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline awsdert

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 11:28:44 pm »
Just remembered about this thread :P
Since stahta01 has a short fuse I'm going to refer to him as shorty from now on.

@oBFusCATed & @ollydbg
Like I said the post shorty :D provided actually helped solve the problem (although I will admit I was not expecting anyone here to go as far as doing their own research on the compiler), the original reason I believed it was a CB cfg problem was because it was an individual file from my project was not compiling even though the rest were doing just fine, after shorty's post I looked into VC's \bin directory and found that I had made a misunderstanding about the compiler thinking that like gcc (that being the only other compiler I have experience with) it used only one executable for generating code, after cloning the compiler profile and setting it up for x64 bit directories everything went smoothly (aside from my own programming mistakes obviously). Shorty just got the wrong end of the stick and thought I wanted people to check the linker options, I only wanted people to check the xml side of things and make sure none of that was the cause of my problem, it was just happy coincidence that he found what I could not.

Edit: Missed a word :P

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:43 pm »
Just remembered about this thread :P
Since stahta01 has a short fuse I'm going to refer to him as shorty from now on.

If you do not calm down and stop being agressive, you get banned for a while.

No matter what has happened so far, there is no reason to inflame the conflict!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:01:34 am by jens »

Offline awsdert

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 09:36:38 am »
Erm... where do you see aggression? It's normal to give people nicknames related to their personality so that can't be it, but then I can't see anything else you would mis-interpret as aggression sooo ???

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 10:06:37 am »
Erm... where do you see aggression? It's normal to give people nicknames related to their personality so that can't be it, but then I can't see anything else you would mis-interpret as aggression sooo ???

Do you rally want to start a discussion ?

Please do not waste my/our time with it.

Just calm down, don't use degrading nicknames for other users, learn to ask questions in a way others can understand you or leve the forum !

Last warning !!

Offline awsdert

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »
Seems to me your the one who needs to calm down, and what's degrading about referring to his short fuse? Last I checked referring to facts is NOT aggressive in any way. Whatever I'm ignoring his posts now anyways so I shouldn't have to refer to him in future.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »
Seems to me your the one who needs to calm down, and what's degrading about referring to his short fuse? Last I checked referring to facts is NOT aggressive in any way. Whatever I'm ignoring his posts now anyways so I shouldn't have to refer to him in future.
I just locked this topic and banned you (partially) for 6 days.