Author Topic: MinGW Error (not compiling oF example)  (Read 4288 times)

Offline porjolovsky

• Single posting newcomer
MinGW Error (not compiling oF example)
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:15:30 am »
Hi.
I recently installed C::B 13.12 in my home desktop pc. Since I practically live where I work, I almost never use this PC for anything. I had the 12.10 version installed (last time I recall using it was about 6 months before today), but removed it to upgrade to the new one in order to have the same version that I have in my work PC.
I'm working with openFrameworks, and so I installed it in my PC carefully following the specific, pretty simple instructions (and, if my memory doesn't fail, practically mimicking what I'd done in my work PC).
When trying to compile most of the examples, two errors prevented the compilation from reaching completion:

Build: debug in openFrameworksLib (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)
Build: debug in kinectExample (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)
ld.exe cannot find -lstrmbase
ld.exe cannot find -lz
Build failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

I uninstalled CB and reinstalled it, even giving a try to the one with the GCC 4.8.1 .
I really can't figure out the error, both "libstrmbase.a" and "libz.a" (and even "libz.dll.a") exist inside the lib folder of MinGW, and those are the files that come specifically as CodeBlock additions in the 0.8 version of openFrameworks, files that worked fine on my work pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

L. Cohen
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:29:52 am by porjolovsky »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: MinGW Error (not compiling oF example)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:23:45 am »
Please use code- (#) or quote-(the bubble) tags to cite logs or sources (it's more readable).

Please post the content of the Build log tab after a full rebuild, so we can see which commands are sent to the compiler.

Offline porjolovsky

• Single posting newcomer
Re: MinGW Error (not compiling oF example)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 06:35:02 am »
My bad. Checking the Build log I noticed I had a MinGW in a Haskell Platform install that was being called instead of CB's MinGW.

Thats the sort of thing that happens after leaving a PC unused for a long time.

Thanks for the quick answer, and for guiding me to the Build log.