Author Topic: C::B not building WinXP Look and Feel with wxWidgets project  (Read 2720 times)

allenv

C::B not building WinXP Look and Feel with wxWidgets project
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem that I thought would have a quick fix, but I've been at it for a couple hours and haven't been able to resolve the problem.

I'm testing wxWidgets (which has been built on my PC and runs just fine) and trying to build a test project with the XP Look and Feel. I've used the plugin included with Code::Blocks, and thought I included it correctly into my .rc file. Here's what that looks like:

Code
#include <afxres.h>

#if !defined(wxUSE_NO_MANIFEST) || (wxUSE_NO_MANIFEST == 0)
#if !defined(WX_MSC_FULL_VER) || WX_MSC_FULL_VER < 140040130

#ifdef ISOLATION_AWARE_ENABLED
#define IDR_MANIFEST 2
#else
#define IDR_MANIFEST 1
#endif

#define RT_MANIFEST 24

IDR_MANIFEST RT_MANIFEST "bin\\Debug\\test.exe.Manifest"

#endif
#endif

The manifest file itself is also placed where my executable is built, and yet running the program within C::B or from within the Debug folder will not produce a XP Look and Feel GUI.

I'm really just looking to use the XP window/frame GUI with my project. So I'm wondering if I've missed or messed up a step or if I could get some advice or source from a successful implementation.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I didn't do a very good copy+paste of the .rc file's source, so I dumped the entire source above. I'm also building the project on Windows 7 and using wxWidgets 3.x - is that version maybe not fully supported?