Author Topic: Building and running external makefile-project  (Read 3059 times)

Offline havarti

• Single posting newcomer
Building and running external makefile-project
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:07 am »
I'm trying to build an already existing (external) project with C::B. Following the Wiki, I checked "This is a custom Makefile" under Project Settings. When I build I get the message "make: *** No rule to make target `Debug'.  Stop."

As a test I tried pressing F9, so it both builds and runs. I cancelled the "build"-part so it only runs. Here is my observation: Whereas it normally should execute ..../prog//bin/exec, it now looks in the directory ..../prog/test/bin/Debug/test

Note that "test" is the name of my C::B project. Does anyone have a clue why it looks there?!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building and running external makefile-project
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
You have to configure the executable and probably the target names in "Project -> Properties -> Build targets" and eventually fix the make commands in "Project -> Build options -> Make commands".

Offline havarti

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:21 am »
Thanks Jens, did as you suggested. So now (under Build Targets) I have set execution working dir to "../bin". But when I press F9, it now tries to find ".../prog/test/exec" instead of ".../prog/bin/exec". So I am almost there.

The make commands I still have to fix, I admit. But I guess these two problems are independent of each other.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

Offline havarti

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:31 am »
It worked out Jens, just had to create a new build option with the desired executable name.  Thanks for helping out