Author Topic: Is only 2.0 version of gtk+ really needed to build code::blocks?  (Read 8093 times)

Offline CatsCanFly

• Single posting newcomer
Is only 2.0 version of gtk+ really needed to build code::blocks?
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:23:58 pm »
Hello, everyone. I'm trying to build code::blocks under Debian Jessie, following by build manual, and config script says that gtk+2.0 lib is really needed. I have the gtk+3.0 (3.8.6-1) in my system and don't really want to install old version. Can I build code::blocks with gtk+3. Thanks you for answer and sorry for my English, it isn't so good.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Is only 2.0 version of gtk+ really needed to build code::blocks?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
Hello, everyone. I'm trying to build code::blocks under Debian Jessie, following by build manual, and config script says that gtk+2.0 lib is really needed. I have the gtk+3.0 (3.8.6-1) in my system and don't really want to install old version. Can I build code::blocks with gtk+3. Thanks you for answer and sorry for my English, it isn't so good.
Gtk2 is really needed.
And I am sure you have several applications on your system, that need it too.
The only difference is, that you need the development files to build C::B yourself.

Instead of building C::B yourself, you can use a recent build from my repo (see signature).

Offline CatsCanFly

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »
Thank you. I have raised doubts because code::blocks, installed from package, doesn't have gtk2 in it's dependences and properly works without it.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »
Thank you. I have raised doubts because code::blocks, installed from package, doesn't have gtk2 in it's dependences and properly works without it.
It has wxWidgets (libwxgtk2.8-0) in the dependencies and this depends ond gtk+2.
See https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libwxgtk2.8-0.

Offline CatsCanFly

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 11:06:51 am »
Thank you for answer :) And another question ( I ask it here, that not to create new topic). Code::blocks now builds successfully  by using "make", but I can't build it from Code::blocks workspace. I'm using the CodeBlocks_wx30-unix.workspace from the source arhive. The first problem is unspecified environment variable $(#CB_RELEASE_TYPE). When I just remove it from config, workspace starts to build, but compiler says that It can't find "-locodeblocks" lib. Full build log: [spoiler=Click]
Code
-------------- Build: src in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++ -Wall -ansi -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0 -I/usr/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -DcbDEBUG -DCB_PRECOMP -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DUSE_GTK_NOTEBOOK -std=c++11 -iquote.objs30/include -I.objs30/include -I. -Isdk/wxscintilla/include -Iinclude/tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude/scripting/include -Iinclude/scripting/sqplus -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet/mfbt -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet/nsprpub/pr/include -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet/xpcom -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet/xpcom/base -Iinclude/mozilla_chardet/xpcom/glue -c /home/hellrider/workspace/codeblocks-13.12/src/src/projectmanagerui.cpp -o .objs30/src/projectmanagerui.o
/home/hellrider/workspace/codeblocks-13.12/src/src/projectmanagerui.cpp:10:17: warning: include/sdk.h.gch: created and used with differing settings of '-mieee-fp' [enabled by default]
 #include "sdk.h"
                 ^
WARNING: Target 'Code::Blocks wx3.0.x - Unix - src': Unable to resolve 1 external dependency/ies:
        devel30/libcodeblocks.so
g++ -Lbase/tinyxml -Ldevel30 -o devel30/codeblocks .objs30/src/app.o .objs30/src/appglobals.o .objs30/src/backtracedlg.o .objs30/src/breakpointsdlg.o .objs30/src/compilersettingsdlg.o .objs30/src/cpuregistersdlg.o .objs30/src/crashhandler.o .objs30/src/debugger_interface_creator.o .objs30/src/debuggermenu.o .objs30/src/debuggersettingscommonpanel.o .objs30/src/debuggersettingsdlg.o .objs30/src/debuggersettingspanel.o .objs30/src/disassemblydlg.o .objs30/src/dlgabout.o .objs30/src/dlgaboutplugin.o .objs30/src/editorconfigurationdlg.o .objs30/src/environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs30/src/examinememorydlg.o .objs30/src/find_replace.o .objs30/src/infopane.o .objs30/src/main.o .objs30/src/notebookstyles.o .objs30/src/prefix.o .objs30/src/printdlg.o .objs30/src/projectmanagerui.o .objs30/src/projectoptionsdlg.o .objs30/src/recentitemslist.o .objs30/src/scriptconsole.o .objs30/src/scriptingsettingsdlg.o .objs30/src/splashscreen.o .objs30/src/startherepage.o .objs30/src/switcherdlg.o .objs30/src/threadsdlg.o .objs30/src/watchesdlg.o  -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lfreetype   -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_propgrid-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0 -lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0 -lwx_baseu_xml-3.0 -lwx_baseu_net-3.0 -lwx_baseu-3.0  -Wl,--no-undefined  -lcodeblocks
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcodeblocks
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))
1 error(s), 2 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))
[/spoiler] Sorry for my stupid questinons, but I'm new in non-windows and non-Visual Studio programming :) I want to try to add some usefull things in code::blocks( i have little experience in writing IDE on Windows.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:27:17 am by CatsCanFly »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:25 pm »
Thank you for answer :) And another question ( I ask it here, that not to create new topic). Code::blocks now builds successfully  by using "make", but I can't build it from Code::blocks workspace. I'm using the CodeBlocks_wx30-unix.workspace from the source arhive. The first problem is unspecified environment variable $(#CB_RELEASE_TYPE). When I just remove it from config, workspace starts to build, but compiler says that It can't find "-locodeblocks" lib. Full build log:

Please try building these projects and see if the error goes away.

After setting Global Variable CB_RELEASE_TYPE to "-g" in the base test box without the double quotes.

CodeBlocks-unix.cbp           (requires wxWidgets 2.8)
CodeBlocks_wx30-unix.cbp (requires wxWidgets 3.0)

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org