Author Topic: Release 13.12, RC1-RC2 has arrived  (Read 72807 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Release 13.12, RC1-RC2 has arrived
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:48:36 pm »
For the announcement see here:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18636.0.html

...and here:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18673.0.html

...this thread is for the feedback. Keep it coming!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:27:45 pm by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: Release 13.12, RC1 has arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:41 am »
There were a couple of not so important things that had drawn my attention in the past. Considering a new release is on its way, I thought they should be mentioned. I'll try to remember them all in the meantime. Here are a few.

1- There is a typo in 'settings->environment->colours'. Item 'Editor:Highlight occurrence' is written as 'Editor:Highlihgt occurrence'.
2- In 'settings->editor->syntax highlighting', the chosen color for 'active line' isn't reflected in the sample code below.
3- The installer for 13.12RC1 displays '12.11' while loading but I'm sure that will change in the final release.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:55:59 am »
1 is fixed in trunk now. Thank you for reporting it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
3- The installer for 13.12RC1 displays '12.11' while loading but I'm sure that will change in the final release.
If you mean the logo - this is surely subject to change in the final version.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 09:37:51 am »
Two small patches to allow the translation of some menu items.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
In svn...
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Calexus

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 11:30:00 am »
How about an osx build?  ;D

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 02:37:32 pm »
How about an osx build?  ;D
Wasn't OSX that proprietary non-developer / open source friendly OS? Well... I'll try if I feel comfortable enough. :-)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:19:19 am »
I don't know if these rise to the level of important enough to fix for next release, but I found a few case and/or wording inconsistencies in some of the menu items (mostly contrib plugins, many of them mine :( )

patch attached. I didn't apply because wasn't sure if changing some of these items might break stuff.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:53 am »
"Focus thread search" should have at least two capitals, because thread search is the name of a plugin. Probably this is the most consistent "Focus Thread search"

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 03:54:21 pm »
"Focus thread search" should have at least two capitals, because thread search is the name of a plugin. Probably this is the most consistent "Focus Thread search"

That doesn't look good to me (and out of place with the other "Focus" menu items in the "View" menu. I don't think we are going for strictly grammatically correct but instead for consistency of menu look and feel. I don't think we have a rule for menu labels, but one might be: (1) uppercase first letter, (2) upper case acronyms, and (3) upper case for first letter or proper nouns but only if a lowercase letter would lead to ambiguity. That leaves some ambiguity for that Thread Search item (why isn't it called Threaded Search?), but I think we should avoid making up names that are proper nouns for things that exist only in C::B.

If that's the rule we follow then I need to fix a few more plugins. (e.g. Valgrind)

Offline beqroson

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »
(why isn't it called Threaded Search?)

I agree to that. Even if I always suspected that "Thread search" would be a threaded search and nothing else, the question still kept popping up in the head if there was something more to it. "Threaded search" gives me the correct understanding much faster without figuring if there is some amazing hidden function beyond that.  ::)  ???

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:55 pm »
An other small patch to allow one translation in options_pgifortran.xml. In the original version, it contains " characters inside an xml string, but this is not correctly interpreted/detected when translating. Using \" looks better (at least works on my PC !)

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »
gd_on:
I don't think your patch is acceptable. The " is the correct way to escape " characters in XML files.
You can always prove me wrong by quoting some kind of a standard or output of a xml verifier.
Until then you'll have to find a better way to fix your problem.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:35 pm »
I agree to that. Even if I always suspected that "Thread search" would be a threaded search and nothing else, the question still kept popping up in the head if there was something more to it. "Threaded search" gives me the correct understanding much faster without figuring if there is some amazing hidden function beyond that.  ::)  ???
But then you get the wrong impression, because ThreadSearch uses just one 1 thread to search files.