Author Topic: The 16 November 2013 build (9455) is out.  (Read 108290 times)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: The 16 November 2013 build (9455) is out.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 02:48:37 am »
I have created a goto label, named error and whatever I do apart from ESC, tab or enter auto-completes the already inserted word.
The code becomes error:error automatically, unless I interrupt it with escape. Since I have typed the entire word manually, why auto-completion stays popped up displaying the same keyword among other available options?
I am unable to reproduce.  Can you post a minimal example the exhibits this?

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 07:23:27 am »
Try something totally generic, like:

Code
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#define nil(T) ((T)(void *)0)

typedef struct demo_t {
    const char *name;
} demo_t;

int main(void)
{
    demo_t * d = (demo_t *) malloc(sizeof(demo_t));
    if (d == nil(demo_t *)) goto error;

d->name = "demo";
    printf("Name: %s\n", d->name);

free(d);
    d = nil(demo_t *);

error:    /* <--  Here, as I start typing, the auto-completion starts
                      and even when i reach the last character ':' from
                      goto label, it still insists to display it, as available keyword.
                      If I press tab key or enter, instead of keeping
                      the already typed label name, it re-enters it
                      right after the already typed label name.
             */
    if (d) {
        free(d);
        d = nil(demo_t *);
    }
    return 0;
}
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:26:40 am by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »
I'm updating regularly from Jens repository my Wheezy install. Yesterday my two Debian computers failed updating Codeblocks to svn9453 (not 9455, I don't know why). The error is in spanish, but translates to something like:

dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: lzma error: the compressed data is corrupted
dpkg-deb: errror: the subprocess <decompression> returned error code 2
dpkg-deb (subprocess): can't copy the member of the archive /var/cache(apt/archives/codeblocks-contrib_12.11svn9453-1_i386.deb to the decompression pipe: write error (broken pipe)

And later:

Errors found processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/codeblocks-contrib-dbg_12.11svn9453-1_i386.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/codeblocks-contrib_12.11svn9453-1_i386.deb

Extract from my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://apt.jenslody.de/stable stable main
deb-src http://apt.jenslody.de/stable stable main

Thank you

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 02:50:43 pm »
I'm updating regularly from Jens repository my Wheezy install. Yesterday my two Debian computers failed updating Codeblocks to svn9453 (not 9455, I don't know why). The error is in spanish, but translates to something like:

dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: lzma error: the compressed data is corrupted
dpkg-deb (subprocess): can't copy the member of the archive /var/cache(apt/archives/codeblocks-contrib_12.11svn9453-1_i386.deb to the decompression pipe: write error (broken pipe)

And later:

Errors found processing:

Thank you

Sorry for this.

I will build new packages (946055) and upload them to the repo.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:50:12 pm by jens »

Offline mariobarbara

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 04:27:39 pm »
Sorry can't do anything about this on windows or OSX.
No matter how many people request this feature - it won't happen, btw.
I suppose also if you request this in the wxWidget's bug tracker - they'll close your ticket.

On the other hand:
One option you nave is to try to build wxGTK on windows and then build C::B with this version of wxWidgets.
Then you'll be able to use gtk+ themes :)
Another options it to build under cygwin, search the forum for a relatively new topic about this.

Both will be painful and they will require patching C::B or wxWidgets.

Thanks! I was lucky enough, though, i managed to get a black-ish sort of theme for codeblocks by using mint's AWE-SOME theming utility, which allowes me to choose multiple choices of themes for different ui components of the system. thing is....i LIKE my white high-contrast system theme, so i do not want to apply the black theme ALL over the system.
Big deal, some might say, apply the theme only when you're coding (which btw is almost always...) and put back the old one when you arent. or get mint to load the theme only for that specific program (which i could not, of course i will look further into this when i can).
Now i CAN do this, but it sucks because is is SO NOT cross platform, thus defeating codeblocks main feature (cross compatibility and light package and easy to use interface all over, at least for me), plus it will take me a lifetime to get it working right (right color combos, my editor colors suck right now) and i will not be able to use it on other systems.
I mean...it would be nice to go to windows, download the package briefly, install, load my project and switch to black interface. WITHOUT spending one hour for the ui setup.
But it appears this cannot be...oh well.
At least the very minimum i would like for codeblocks to include are multiple preinstalled configuration colors for the editor. some nice looking ones.
Yesterday, when trying to get codeblocks to look blackish (which came out really bad, like i said), a friend of mine told me codelite ide has this stuff.
i checked this codelite, apart from the fact i dont really like the confusing interface or how it works with directories, it had a REALLY NICE/COMFORTABLE color layout selection. THAT, was perfect.
Even though, it appears, it also uses wxwidgets, it managed to have 3 working themes:
-white everywhere
-black for editor (and it was WAY better looking than my "themed" editor)
-black editor plus some black app components that apparently they were able to color

now i hope no one will tell me: use codelite.
I like codeblocks, and i will use that, end of story.
But i hope the devs can come up with something, or come up at LEAST with multiple EASILY configurable default themes for the editor. Something like black with much yellow...or aqua..or something other than white.

Thanks to anyone for reading...

*EDIT: i found an interesting config for the editor which has some great themes! The black "vim" is exceptional! But there are also others, like sublime text.
(to load use cb_share_config,, both on linux and windows. Then under editor options -> syntax highlighting, select theme  ;D)
How about including them in future releases?
links: http://www.mediafire.com/download/74hqm9nwyhfb4gv/CB_ColorTheme.7z
or     https://mega.co.nz/#!Ilh0nJoS!K_UQpGhPE4J6R7yRYIHr4BYGmzxAaqopca0hdgw5saw
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:54:04 pm by mariobarbara »

Offline beqroson

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:43 pm »
Hello mariobarbara.

I am just like you, someone coming from nowhere, asking for new features. There is nothing wrong with that. Although, for the sake of the developers working on this, each request deserves a counter opinion. In my opinion, when I have read this thread, you asked not for just one thing but many. And at that without following it up properly. I think that is a bit disrespectful. But, since I am a talker myself, that talks a lot too much, i can understand you. Then again, I can tell you already, NONE of your requests will be listened to. However, if I am wrong on that point, congrats to you because you are lucky.

Now I understand why an adminstrator told me; If I spray this forum with ideas that will get nowhere, I will get banned. I understood it when I was told, but not really. Now I can see it about twice as clear. I have not yet put up any ideas completely out of its scope or context (not that I am aware of), but I could have done it. Since I am that kind of creative person.

I will be five times as careful from now on. I suggest you do the same mariobarbara.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 05:53:47 pm »

And later:

Errors found processing:

Thank you

Sorry for this.

I will build new packages (946055) and upload them to the repo.

Can you please try it again and post a feedback here ?

Offline mariobarbara

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:40 pm »
Hello mariobarbara.

I am just like you, someone coming from nowhere, asking for new features. There is nothing wrong with that. Although, for the sake of the developers working on this, each request deserves a counter opinion. In my opinion, when I have read this thread, you asked not for just one thing but many. And at that without following it up properly. I think that is a bit disrespectful. But, since I am a talker myself, that talks a lot too much, i can understand you. Then again, I can tell you already, NONE of your requests will be listened to. However, if I am wrong on that point, congrats to you because you are lucky.

Now I understand why an adminstrator told me; If I spray this forum with ideas that will get nowhere, I will get banned. I understood it when I was told, but not really. Now I can see it about twice as clear. I have not yet put up any ideas completely out of its scope or context (not that I am aware of), but I could have done it. Since I am that kind of creative person.

I will be five times as careful from now on. I suggest you do the same mariobarbara.
Wha? I DID ask something, and i DID get my answer, BUT since i was already here i though i might put this to good use and let devs know what i think about codeblocks.
I don't know if they will listen to me, and  personally i do not think there is something as asking too many questions (unless they are dumb), ALSO, i believe a developer appreciates feedback from his users. Codeblocks is used all around the world (i am italian), and i could not think devs of this project would not appreciate my suggestions. I am not requesting, just suggesting.
Sure, i hope the devs will listen to me, but i do not pretend to force or annoy anyone for some app theming...

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 06:08:53 pm »
Can you please try it again and post a feedback here ?

After executing apt-get -f install (as required by apt-get upgrade, due to the previous failure) I receive a message:

codeblocks-wxcontrib-headers:i386 conflicts with codeblocks-wxcontrib-dev:i386

Anyway, the upgrade continues and ends OK; Codeblocks 9455 now works as expected.

Thank you for the quick fix.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:16:31 pm by mgimenez »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:37 am »
Try something totally generic, like:
[...]
Okay, I see.
Settings->Editor->Code completion->Code completion [tab] add the character ":" to Fillup characters.  (I think this setting should be changed to default.)

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 11:37:53 am »
Okay, I see.
Settings->Editor->Code completion->Code completion [tab] add the character ":" to Fillup characters.  (I think this setting should be changed to default.)
I have tried this and apart from the old problem, a new issue appeared; it displays the same available keyword twice and still insists to concatenate the word right after colon.

Online ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 01:29:14 am »
I see this error: (see screen shot below)

It happens when I open a simple wx2.8.12 project(from wx wizard), or press the build button.

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 04:45:12 am »

It happens when I open a simple wx2.8.12 project(from wx wizard), or press the build button.

Have any CB project in the past used two scripts in the Compiler other options before?

I think two does NOT work; I deleted either one and the error went away on the next project re-build.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 05:22:05 am »

Have any CB project in the past used two scripts in the Compiler other options before?

I think two does NOT work; I deleted either one and the error went away on the next project re-build.
Uh-oh!  I tested that before I committed it, but obviously I was not thorough enough. :-[
@devs: I think it would be best to just revert lines 748-749 of src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/wxwidgets/wizard.script for now (instead of trying to fix multi-script compiler options), do you agree?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 05:46:45 am »
@devs: I think it would be best to just revert lines 748-749 of src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/wxwidgets/wizard.script for now (instead of trying to fix multi-script compiler options), do you agree?
Code: line:748-749
    if (WxVersion < 2 && GetCompilerFactory().CompilerInheritsFrom(Wizard.GetCompilerID(), _T("gcc*")))
        project.AddCompilerOption(_T("[[if (GetCompilerFactory().GetCompilerVersionString(_T(\"gcc\")) >= _T(\"4.8.0\")) print(_T(\"-Wno-unused-local-typedefs\"));]]"));
On a second thought, maybe it would be better to keep those lines, and instead remove
Code: line:665
            project.AddCompilerOption(_T("[[if (PLATFORM == PLATFORM_MSW && (GetCompilerFactory().GetCompilerVersionString(_T(\"gcc\")) >= _T(\"4.0.0\"))) print(_T(\"-Wno-attributes\"));]]"));
from the wizard.  I have been unable to discover what warnings -Wno-attributes is supposed to silence that come up in wxWidgets projects; however, if try to use GCC 4.8 on wx2.8.12 without -Wno-unused-local-typedefs the log is drowned with these warnings.