Author Topic: The 16 November 2013 build (9455) is out.  (Read 108288 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 16 November 2013 build (9455) is out.
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:18 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc471-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc471-TDM.7z
And the exception handler dll (for better crash reports) : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/exchndl_gcc471-TDM.7z

The 16 November 2013 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20131116_rev9455_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• debugger: Don't override the value for simple pointer types with the address of the expression
  • CC: parser ignore invalid documentation lines of style "////"
  • global-vars: Save the lflags variable (thanks stahta01)
  • wizard: re-brand wxWidgets 2.9.x (svn) as 3.0.x and add flag '-Wno-unused-local-typedefs' for new GCC on older wx versions

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline mariobarbara

• Single posting newcomer
    Re: The 16 November 2013 build (9455) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »
    damn this is tiresome...
    i am on latest linux mint 15 olivia as of now (based on ubuntu)
    i tried to compile this version from svn. took me a long while to get all of the tools in place, but finally config gave me the go.
    but when i make, i get this error:

/bin/sed: can't read 9455/src/sdk/libcodeblocks.la: No such file or directory
    libtool: link: `9455/src/sdk/libcodeblocks.la' is not a valid libtool archive

along with remaining "friends":

make[4]: *** [libastyle.la] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/VCN/codeblocks 9455/src/plugins/astyle'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/VCN/codeblocks 9455/src/plugins/astyle'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/VCN/codeblocks 9455/src/plugins'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mario/VCN/codeblocks 9455/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

how do i just get the codeblocks nightly onto my unix system????
    the library IS there...
    it took me too long to just get to this point, why not just prepare a linux executable (at least debian/ubuntu) since you also provide windows?
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:23:47 pm by mariobarbara »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »
    It's there , see my signature for debian, fedora amd centos/redhat.
    For ubuntu see other nightly threads.

Offline mariobarbara

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
    It's there , see my signature for debian, fedora amd centos/redhat.
    For ubuntu see other nightly threads.

Thanks!
    i managed to install codeblocks (not 9455 though, but it came out yesterday. i expect to get updates with your repo though?) and that is great!
    there are a lot of packages i don't really know (additional libraries, deb and debug, which i don't know whether to install seeing as i want the ide to fully work.....also some wxwidgets stuff) but it seems to be working though (hello world compiled no problem...gonna check out some other stuff though) :)
    about ubuntu threads...i haven't found any strictly-ubuntu packages around, only yours.

Do you think there are other packages apart from the main ones i should install from your repo?

edit: codeblocks seems to be working perfectly, even with external libraries such as sdl2...
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:49:04 pm by mariobarbara »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 03:38:43 pm »
    Check here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18528.msg126762.html#msg126762
    Jens' packages are not compatible with ubuntu, probably you can read this on his page.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »
    Check here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18528.msg126762.html#msg126762
    Jens' packages are not compatible with ubuntu, probably you can read this on his page.
    Partly correct.
    I have packages from my repo installed on my 13.04 test vm without issues.

Offline mariobarbara

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »

Thanks! I don't know why moore doesn't have his repos added to the codeblocks website...would be a hell of a lot easier for everyone.
    Anyways jens' debian builds are working just fine for me, i'd switch to moore's but i noticed he doesn't give the actual build version name to his builds like jens (or i am missing the point...) because while jens' is named  "svn9453" and i KNOW it is a recent version, moore's is named "trunkbzr7726.lp" which i don't really know what it stands for....

Offline dmoore

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »
    Thanks! I don't know why moore doesn't have his repos added to the codeblocks website...

because of annoying issues like:

but i noticed he doesn't give the actual build version name to his builds like jens (or i am missing the point...) because while jens' is named  "svn9453" and i KNOW it is a recent version, moore's is named "trunkbzr7726.lp" which i don't really know what it stands for....

I am using Launchpad's automated build service, which only works with bzr repos. The bzr repo that the packages are created from is here: https://code.launchpad.net/~damien-moore/codeblocks/nightly
    Eventually I should be able to use the SVN repo number in the package name, but Ubuntu's build servers don't support this yet.

Code::Blocks itself will still show the actual SVN revision number that the build is based on in the splash screen and the about page.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:49:54 pm by dmoore »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
    Updated Ubuntu packages (i386 + AMD64 for Precise through Trusty) will soon be available here.

Code
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-nightly
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install codeblocks codeblocks-contrib

Note: If you are using Code::Blocks from Pasgui's repository you will need to uninstall it and disable that repo before adding this one and reinstalling.

Workaround for possible crash related to compiler plugin at start up:
    1. Open terminal, run "codeblocks --safe-mode"
    2. Plugins -> Manage Plugins -> Compiler plugin -> Enable, then close the dialog
    3. Accept all prompts
    4. Close codeblocks
    5. Start codeblocks as you normally would and everything should work normally.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
    « Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 06:20:12 pm »

Thanks! I don't know why moore doesn't have his repos added to the codeblocks website...would be a hell of a lot easier for everyone.
    Anyways jens' debian builds are working just fine for me, i'd switch to moore's but i noticed he doesn't give the actual build version name to his builds like jens (or i am missing the point...) because while jens' is named  "svn9453" and i KNOW it is a recent version, moore's is named "trunkbzr7726.lp" which i don't really know what it stands for....

I use Kubuntu and build C::B myself using Jens' preconfigured tarball source here
    http://apt.jenslody.de/testing/pool/main/c/codeblocks/  (download filename *.orig.tar.gz)

HOWTO
    1. download *.orig.tar.gz as explained above
    2. Expand in folder with full ownership (I tend to get problems with e.g. Windows NTFS partitions, so use ext3/ext4 instead)
    3. If you have special build of wxWidgets 2.8.12 like me, build against the official Kubuntu repository version. You may have to edit the debian/rules file in the expanded files, and add the option shown in red
    DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS=--with-contrib-plugins=all  --with-wx-config=/usr/bin/wx-config --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) --prefix=/usr --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info

4. Then just do
    Code
    $ sudo dpkg-buildpackage

the result is a collection of .deb files. The svn number changes every time, but for 9099 the installation was done like this
    Code
    $ sudo dpkg -i codeblocks-common_12.11svn9099_all.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i libcodeblocks0_12.11svn9099_i386.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i libwxsmithlib0_12.11svn9099_i386.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i codeblocks_12.11svn9099_i386.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i codeblocks-contrib-common_12.11svn9099_all.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i codeblocks-libwxcontrib0_12.11svn9099_i386.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i codeblocks-contrib_12.11svn9099_i386.deb

When upgrading, I typically get some warnings the first time this script is executed. By running the script one more time, all is fine.

Offline mariobarbara

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 06:29:31 pm »
    Thanks! I don't know why moore doesn't have his repos added to the codeblocks website...

because of annoying issues like:

but i noticed he doesn't give the actual build version name to his builds like jens (or i am missing the point...) because while jens' is named  "svn9453" and i KNOW it is a recent version, moore's is named "trunkbzr7726.lp" which i don't really know what it stands for....

I am using Launchpad's automated build service, which only works with bzr repos. The bzr repo that the packages are created from is here: https://code.launchpad.net/~damien-moore/codeblocks/nightly
    Eventually I should be able to use the SVN repo number in the package name, but Ubuntu's build servers don't support this yet.

Code::Blocks itself will still show the actual SVN revision number that the build is based on in the splash screen and the about page.

OK, well, i hope ubuntu servers get to workin then...
    Also, where might is suggest a feature for codeblocks i have always been waiting for (themes support)?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »
    Also, where might is suggest a feature for codeblocks i have always been waiting for (themes support)?
    Theme support for what?
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 08:03:00 pm »
    A very peculiar behavior with code completion happens on my svn9455. I have created a goto label, named error and whatever I do apart from ESC, tab or enter auto-completes the already inserted word.

The code becomes error:error automatically, unless I interrupt it with escape. Since I have typed the entire word manually, why auto-completion stays popped up displaying the same keyword among other available options?

Am I doing something wrong I should know about?

P.S.: I forgot to mention; the issue is on self-compiled debian testing PC. hopefully to test it tomorrow on Windows PC at work.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:10:24 pm by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline mariobarbara

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »
    Theme support for what?

well...i know wxwidgets is supposedly used to make codeblocks and it uses the same windows the system is using....apart from the fact i don't really care for the native "feel" (which is up to the devs i suppose), one thing i cannot stand is eye straining white "stuff" when coding. This is exactly why i prefer to use visual studio on windows....
    if the devs could come up with a way to make ALL of the interface black, and maybe integrate a theme-module-loading system sort of thing, it would be SO great!
    I KNOW there is currently a way to do this (which import configs to edit the editor and change system theme to get black look throughout all of codeblocks) but it sucks. for real. I think codeblocks is the perfect coding suite, to have on all platforms for best project compatibility, but it needs to think more about the ui now....

this is, of course, my point of view....

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »
    Sorry can't do anything about this on windows or OSX.
    No matter how many people request this feature - it won't happen, btw.
    I suppose also if you request this in the wxWidget's bug tracker - they'll close your ticket.

On the other hand:
    One option you nave is to try to build wxGTK on windows and then build C::B with this version of wxWidgets.
    Then you'll be able to use gtk+ themes :)
    Another options it to build under cygwin, search the forum for a relatively new topic about this.

Both will be painful and they will require patching C::B or wxWidgets.