Author Topic: Is there any plug-in for auto-testing?  (Read 8674 times)

Offline benjamin_t

• Single posting newcomer
Is there any plug-in for auto-testing?
« on: November 14, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »
I am hoping to find an auto-test plug-in like the JUnit plug-in for eclipse. Is there anything like that or not? If not, I really hope somebody can develop one, that would be very helpful. ;)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Is there any plug-in for auto-testing?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:53 pm »
There is the CppCheck test plugin; I have no idea if it is very much like JUnit.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=CppCheck_plugin

Tim S.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:16:26 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »
Here's Eclipse's Junit plugin in action. We don't have anything like this in C::B at the moment.

This is a very good article on C++ uinit testing.

Offline beqroson

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 03:09:00 pm »
I am hoping to find an auto-test plug-in like the JUnit plug-in for eclipse. Is there anything like that or not? If not, I really hope somebody can develop one, that would be very helpful. ;)

Hi, I am looking for suggestions of plugins that need to be developed. Oh, there is one. Ok, then, I could perhaps develop this, so called auto-test plugin for CodeBlocks. Would that be very helpful?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »
...Ok, then, I could perhaps develop this, so called auto-test plugin for CodeBlocks. Would that be very helpful?
Sure, it would be helpful.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline benjamin_t

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:40:16 am »

Hi, I am looking for suggestions of plugins that need to be developed. Oh, there is one. Ok, then, I could perhaps develop this, so called auto-test plugin for CodeBlocks. Would that be very helpful?

Yes, that would be very helpful, maybe you can try to incorporate cppUnit.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »
Or UnitTest++, Boost.Test, Google.Test, testframework.xxx, etc...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline beqroson

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:32:33 pm »
Or UnitTest++, Boost.Test, Google.Test, testframework.xxx, etc...

Wouldnt this make the CodeBlocks IDE too good? I mean, a plugin that manages test framworks similar to how it manages compilers. That would make CodeBlocks one step further to become THE development app; free, open source, broad compatibility, multi platform. I mean, that would not be desirable, now would it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »
In fact using UnitTest++ works already, there is one small feature missing, but it is not such a pain.
I'm sure other frameworks will work, too.

I've never used JUnit, so I don't know what are the requirements and benjamin_t never stated them explicitly.
But I guess he wants to have automatic test generation, setup, etc...

beqroson: I'm not sure what is your goal, but it is better to concentrate on something you don't like in C::B and try to fix it.
                 Or if you want to fix just something in C::B go to our bug tracker at berlios and choose a random bug and fix it, then post a patch.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline beqroson

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »
beqroson: I'm not sure what is your goal, but it is better to concentrate on something you don't like in C::B and try to fix it.
                 Or if you want to fix just something in C::B go to our bug tracker at berlios and choose a random bug and fix it, then post a patch.

I am just extremely analytical, oBFusCATed, not biased. The thing that I find to be of concern is that none of the developers is getting paid for this. I am not saying they should be paid, nor that they should not be paid.

Offline beqroson

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:08 pm »
Imagine me working in a tools shopping center. In comes a hairy guy and buys a knife. He is not getting past me though. So I ask him "What are you going to do with that knife?", "Do you have a criminal record?", "Have you ever thought about hurting somebody?".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:42:25 pm by beqroson »

Offline beqroson

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »
And as much as I like to start a project, I must always mulling over it for a long time first. With a lot of chatting about pros and cons. Sit tight because you will probably get irritated sooner or later about my neverending monologue.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »
And as much as I like to start a project, I must always mulling over it for a long time first. With a lot of chatting about pros and cons. Sit tight because you will probably get irritated sooner or later about my neverending monologue.
And if it comes to this, you will be banned from the forum.
Not only that we devs get not paid for this project, also we admins get not paid.

But for legal stuff in the country where the server is hosted we have to read each and any post in this forum.
And if someone starts to flood it with ideas that leads to nowhere, he/she wastes our time and energy.

The time and energy we need to keep this (and for some of us also other) project(s) running, for the jobs we have/need to earn the money we need to buy food and last and most important for the time and energy we need for our family and friends.

So be careful!