Author Topic: Is there an easy way to import a project?  (Read 9036 times)

Offline density

• Single posting newcomer
Is there an easy way to import a project?
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:37:48 pm »
Hey guys,
i have a large project in which i am trying to modify some code.  is there an easy way to import a whole library so that i can start using code::blocks to step though some code ?  really i can not manually open 50 files. 
Thanks a bunch!

ToApolytoXaos

Re: Is there an easy way to import a project?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »
Usually what I do, let's say I have a project on Desktop with the folder name demo. I create an empty project with that name, i have arrange the settings to point to that directory, and when it finishes the procedure, i add files recursively. It's included as project option.

Offline density

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:35:11 pm »
how do you add files recursively?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 12:02:36 am »
Project -> Add files recursively :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline density

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:49:54 am »
ok got it.  thanks!  now i when i try to step through some code in a .cc file it is telling me the is an included .h file missing.  but that .h file is listed just below under "Headers" ?  what am i dong wrong here?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:31:54 am »
ok got it.  thanks!  now i when i try to step through some code in a .cc file it is telling me the is an included .h file missing.  but that .h file is listed just below under "Headers" ?  what am i dong wrong here?
Please do not start a new topic for the same problem (I deleted your new topic).

Your problem is most likely caused by incorrect settings after importing your files.

Please be more specific about the error (what did you do, when does it occur).
And please read the manual (and the wiki, seacrh the forum)  before asking here:
http://www.codeblocks.org/user-manual
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?action=search

otherwise you violate our forum rules:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9996.0.html

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:45 am »
Please do not repost a topic, when it was deleted by an admin !!!

Offline density

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 06:43:57 am »
sorry the first time i thought it was a new topic, and the second time i didn't know the first one was taken down, just thought it didn't post for some reason.   the error i get exactly in code::bocks is telling me, after pushing the build/step into/debug button, that "fatal error: .h: no such file or directory"  and pointing a little red thing at the include statement as if the included file is nowhere to be found.  but the file is right there under headers in the tree on the left side of the screen??

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:48 am »
You have to setup some search directories in the build options of your project or target!
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline density

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »
i set a search path to the directory containing all of the files and i am getting same error?  THanks!

Offline density

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »
I am running Code::Blocks version 10.05 on Ubuntu 12.10. The compiler I use is gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2 .

When I ...
push build the build dies with . . .

Description of problem.
... that "fatal error: .h: no such file or directory"  and pointing a little red thing at the include statement as if the included file is nowhere to be found.  but the file is right there under headers in the tree on the left side of the screen??

Build log:
Code

-------------- Build: Debug in demo ---------------

Compiling: ../op25_decoder_bf.cc
/home/matt/Desktop/demo/op25_decoder_bf.cc:29:29: fatal error: gr_io_signature.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

Crash report:
Code
no crash

what i have done so far:
i add the path the directory with all the relevant files via build options>search directories.   my program builds with gcc in terminal.   

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status

Offline density

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »
im sorry i am soo dense but i dont see what on that page helps me.  i have also tried changing the <> in the #include <> statements and this seems to fix the issue but it would be way to inefficient to change them all. 
Thanks!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »
You have to look in the build log tab if the command line there is the same as the command line when you build your program with make.

if you can't figure out your problem, please post the build log here. What you have posted in the last post are the build messages not the build log (i have updated the wiki, so this is more clear)

greetings

Offline density

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »
that is what is in the tab labeled "Build log" with the little sprocket in it.  im not not putting you on; that is all that is there. it looks nothing like what goes by in terminal.  the build just stops with that error.  what i am going to do, is try to whittle my project down to only the files i really want to take a close look at.   ill maybe be able to get it down to like, 8 files.  make that in terminal and then try again with code::blocks so im am not dealing with such a huge project.  ill post back next time i stuck like a car in the mud  :) Thanks!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »
Then turn on full commandline logging as stated in the link (at least) oBFusCATed has posted.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 04:38:48 pm »
ah. i forget you are using 10.02....
You have to make a tick somewhere in Settings->Compiler->Build Options-> Full build log. I don't remember any more. I recommend you to update to a never version. Check the nightly build forum. (pasgui or dmoore).

greetings