Author Topic: SVN - 1651 - exception  (Read 4771 times)

mauser

SVN - 1651 - exception
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:04:41 pm »
When i try to run svn1651 buil i get an exception right at the beginning, right when the splash screen apears, i ran the RC2 and there is no exception, i tried to run the same svn-1651 on win2003 server and everything was OK, but on my XP it throws an unknown exception message. what else except the C::B itself can cause exception, maybe someone has the same problem. I think this exception is because of my XP is not so perfect, can it be caused by system PATHs...

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: SVN - 1651 - exception
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:08:54 pm »
Can you post the contents of codeblocks.rpt?

It should be in C:\Program Files\Codeblocks
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

mauser

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:33:16 pm »
I have searched whole my computer and there is no such a file. I have copied output dir into C:\CodeBlocks and there is no extra file, just the same content i had after compiling.
Correct me if i misunderstood:
1. configs are written in a layout file and global configs in a global layout file. (i don't have .layout files, just the ones in project dirs)
2. C::B writes runtime logs in a .rpt file (i never had the one)

Maybe i am doing something wrong
Thanks.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 07:37:05 pm »
The two most likely causes of this are
1. you did not run update.bat after building
2. you messed up an existing configuration file somehow, this can happen if you copy a config file from an older release which saves incorrect data

More cannot be told from "I get an exception", you may really want to give more detailled information.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

mauser

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 07:42:35 pm »
well, i ran update.bat after installation.
the previous content of C::B folder was completely deleted and the output/* was copied there.
is codeblocks.rpt file created always? what about main layout file

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 07:52:12 pm »
The layout file is good for nothing in this context, and you have no .rpt file, because there is none. That file is generated on an application crash, not when an exception is thrown.

Usually, an exception comes with a detailled error message including a description, location, and other information. With "an exception" as the only information, it is impossible to tell what's wrong, sorry.

You may want to make sure that you don't use any old plugins and that the resources for both the application and all enabled plugins are up-to-date, and finally, you may want to try and remove the configuration file. You may also want to try and run Code::Blocks from a commandline. In case an error message cannot be shown as a dialog box, it is sent to the commandline.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 07:53:45 pm »
Oh yeah I have had the exception when upgrading versions but forgot to delete the plugins directory.
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool: