Author Topic: Man page viewer problems  (Read 4867 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Man page viewer problems
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »
Man page viewer does not seem to be able to find links if they are inside a .gz file.
Example :
On my windows machine I have inside man3 folder a sprintf.3 which contains .so man3/printf.3
So when I try to obtain an help on sprintf, I obtain the printf help. That's OK, the direct link works.

On a Linux machine I have inside man3 folder a sprintf.3.gz which contains itself sprintf.3 with the same content as previously.
So an help on sprintf, finds in my case 3 occurences in the help viewer : sprintf.3, sprintf.3p, sprintf.3p
But if I click on a each link, it does not work, because those files are .gz files, containing a link to man3/printf.3 for example. But the real file to find should be printf.3.gz for example.
In case of a link to a .gz file, this option is apparently not tried, so the file is not found.

An other problem.
If the help is very long (gcc for example), it could be nice if there was an option to search a word inside this man page.

Finally, when a help page is viewed, it appears with different characters types (bold, bigger ones, italics, ...). I tried to copy and paste the contents of the viewer to Word for example. The text is transfered, but not the characters types. Could it be possible to add such a thing !

Thanks,

gd_on
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:46:14 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Man page viewer problems
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:13:04 pm »
Can you report this in the bug tracker and assign the bug to tpetrov or post the link, so I don't forget about it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: Man page viewer problems
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »
OK, done.
link : https://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=19155&group_id=5358

I don't know how to assign the bug to a specific guy.
If I remember, the author of the plugin is Ceniza.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).