Author Topic: Problem with the advanced properties  (Read 10662 times)

Bartandelus

Problem with the advanced properties
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:56 pm »
Hello, i'm a French engineer student and i made a mistake when i installed code::blocks 12.11 on my computer (Windows 7). The software is now looking for a compiler i don't have even if i reset the default properties in the Settings->Compiler menu.
I think that the problem is coming from the File->Properties->Advanced window wich is never changing its parameters and stays blocked looking for an Intel C/C++ compiler i don't have.  :-\
Can someone help me please, i'm stuck for days with that and re-installing has not worked.

Thank you (and sorry for my english ;) )

(attached : the screenshots i face everytime i try to change the parameters)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with the advanced properties
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:19:11 pm »
It isn't stuck at searching for the intel compiler...
the easiest solution would be to install a compiler... Mingw for example
I think that the problem is coming from the File->Properties->Advanced window wich is never changing its parameters and stays blocked looking for an Intel C/C++ compiler i don't have.  :-\
Can someone help me please, i'm stuck for days with that and re-installing has not worked.

Thank you (and sorry for my english ;) )

pleas describe your exact problem:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

greetings

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Problem with the advanced properties
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 01:19:48 pm »
If you have a project then you'll have to change the compiler there (project -> build options).

Another possibility is to go to the settings -> compiler  and then select the compiler you have installed and then press the "Set default" button.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]