Author Topic: The 07 September 2013 build (9295) is out.  (Read 165411 times)

ToApolytoXaos

Re: The 07 September 2013 build (9295) is out.
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 10:34:17 pm »
As I have stated before
I have disabled all plugins and followed a linear order; when I enabled DragScroll it got crashed. I have tried to reproduce it unsuccessfully; I then decided to continue enabling plugins and restarting C::B. As soon as I reached Valgrind, upon enabling I got it to crash.
BUT, I cannot reproduce it.

One indication though is the drawing of right scrollbar; as soon as it starts to "draw" it, occasionally it's there where at random times it gets the crash. I could swear it's something that has to do with my graphics card's drivers, both free and proprietary.

Unfortunately, I lack the advanced knowledge to go that deep and find out what could possibly cause the problem. I don't know, is it something that has to do with drawing, with rendering? I don't know :(

P.S.: Graphics Card info: NVidia FX 5200, 256MB

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »
Can you do the following, so you can verify that you machine has no hardware problems:
1. run memcheck86 for several hours
2. run prime95 torture test -> blend for several hours
3. also run some fsck-ing on the file systems to see if there are no errors there
4. run a hdd surface scan test
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »
Can you do the following, so you can verify that you machine has no hardware problems:
1. run memcheck86 for several hours
2. run prime95 torture test -> blend for several hours
3. also run some fsck-ing on the file systems to see if there are no errors there
4. run a hdd surface scan test
Steps 3 and 4 are scheduled to run at every 23rd start up.
1 and 2 I have to test them on next coming week I guess when I will have time available to have the PC turned on all day.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 12:26:27 am »
One night is enough, no need to leave it running all day.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]