Author Topic: Kaspersky Slow down CodeBlocks  (Read 5518 times)

Offline inv4ever

• Single posting newcomer
Kaspersky Slow down CodeBlocks
« on: September 07, 2013, 06:20:08 pm »
Hello. I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, Codeblocks 12.11, GNU GCC, and when building a project kaspersky slow down my build, and build time take from 30 sec to 1min. Without Kaspersky build time is very fast. How to fix it?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Kaspersky Slow down CodeBlocks
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »
.....Without Kaspersky build time is very fast. How to fix it?
It is Kasperksy's fault, so you can either disable Kaspersky when building or put the related paths (path of C::B, GCC, your project...) to Kaspersky's white-list. I don't know how to say "white-list", they are the paths not be scanned.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Kaspersky Slow down CodeBlocks
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:29:21 pm »
Whitelisting does not help with Kaspersky, at least it did not help 2 years ago when I last used it.

The only working solution is to write a nasty letter to Kaspersky, asking your money back, and using a different product. I'm using Avast now, which has its own set of problems, but at least lets you whitelist Code::Blocks and GCC so it has zero impact on performance.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."