Author Topic: c::b shutdown problem on Linux  (Read 11063 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
c::b shutdown problem on Linux
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »
Hi everybody,

I run OpenSUSe 12.3 on an AMD cuadcore machine. I compile c::b from most recent nightly svn 9264.

Recently I run into the problem, that c::b process reports 100% CPU usage with top command. This only happens when the file manager plugin was active. On closing c::b, the app window disappears, but the process remains alive in top. I started c::b in safe mode and the cpu usage is normal. When I then enable the file manager plugin the cpu usage goes up as before mentioned. Trying to disable the plugin again results in c::b hanging. If I try to close c::b safe mode with the file manager plugin enabled the process remains alive as described above and has to be killed manually. As far as I checked this happens only with and because of that particular plugin.

Sometimes but not always under top there appears another related process named plugin contain, which seems to be something related to c::b and has to be killed manually too.

I remember something alike happening some time ago. Then I could resolve it by deleting the whole c::b folder, doing a clean svn download and new compile. This time I already did the same, but the problem persists.

Do you have any ideas of why this is happening?

Regards

frithjof
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: c::b shutdown problem on Linux
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:13:50 am »
Do you have any ideas of why this is happening?
Did you try to remove your (old) config files?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:26:04 am »
I think you are suffering from the same thing as described here : http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,17446.0.html

Try to start CB from command line, and see if it shutsdown nicely.
I am suffering from this since last week, I had to disable the filemanager plugin to be able to continue to use cb.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:48:42 pm »
Do you (both) have any special settings for the FileManager ?
Can you post, attach, pm or send me the settings between the <FileManage> and </FileManager> tags in the conf-file you use.
Also the version of the linked gamin library might be of interest.

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:59:02 pm »
Hi Jens, thanks for the answer,

I was working today, so I could not reply earlier.

What I have installed is this:
gamin-devel        0.1.10-4.1.1
libfam0-gamin    0.1.10-4.1.1
libgamin-1-0       0.1.10-4.1.1

I attach the config files. I normaly have the file manager plugin disabled now. I dont remember ever having changed its settings...

So normaly I start c::b without file manager plugin. It starts well, runs without chewing up resources, and ends well without leaving a phantom process.

When I try to enable the file manager plugin, c::b immediately goes up in memory and cpu usage. When I try to disable the plugin again c::b just hangs and freezes. Have to terminate it with kill. When I shut down c::b with the plugin still enabled, the main windows disappears, but the phantom process remains and the memory and cpu usage stays  high as before.

Thanks for the interest

Regards

frithjofh
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:01:20 am by frithjofh »
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100