Author Topic: Debugger sometimes doesn't delete breakpoints  (Read 46577 times)

Offline theven

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Debugger sometimes doesn't delete breakpoints
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:05 pm »
Probably the code is inlined in many translation units and the breakpoint is inserted many times.
But I've not seen any commands to delete the breakpoint from your log.
Please do a session reproducing the exact bug you see. And when the breakpoint is hit for the second time execute the gdb command "info breakpoints".
It is not inserting many times, because phantom breakpoint place do not depend on where the normal points.

I do not understand what "hit for the second time" means. A point is always, if there is at least one other point.

Debugger full log with "info breakpoints" after hit.
http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?gsb8d80b8zas

That is interesting:
Debugger stops at the point in line 143. But info is displayed point only in lines 102, 104, 106, where at the moment I have is my real points ...and, method begin for all three , but in lines 102, 104 and 106 i have code of Constructor
Code
99. explicit DynamicArrayImplStack(ConstIteratorType first, ConstIteratorType last):
100. mSize( std::distance(first, last) )
101. {       // I have breakpoint there
102. if(mSize == 0) return;
103.     // there
104. newBufferAllocateForElements(mSize);
105. // and there
106. ElementCopier<T>::CopyElementsArrayNewPlace(*first, data(), mSize);
107. }
As you can see this code has nothing to do with the begin(), 102 for sure. :)

For reasons of clarity, I left only 102, all in exactly the same.
http://www.everfall.com/paste/id.php?5zd4rteraejt
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:01:29 am by theven »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »
Try to disable function inlining and verify you're using -O0 or no optiomizations.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline theven

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 07:04:35 am »
Try to disable function inlining and verify you're using -O0 or no optiomizations.
Of course I'm building exactly, without any optimizations, only raw code for debugginig.

Code
g++ -include "Precompiled.h"  -g -Wshadow -Winit-self -Wredundant-decls -Wcast-align -std=c++0x -Wall -pipe -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden

Offline theven

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:20:37 am »
I'm sure this is not related with code and inlining, because phantom point continues to appear in the same place at the debug even after setting of the breakpoints in another place, rebuilding workspace and rebooting the system. Also, it probably is related to the CB, because the point is moving with the code while shifting code in the editor. Let's try: tell me where it is stored raw information about breakpoints, I will show you the file. After I remove it and then try to find a order of actions for reliable reproduction of the problem (for the problem occurs).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:24:50 am by theven »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 12:35:58 am »
Let's try: tell me where it is stored raw information about breakpoints, I will show you the file. After I remove it and then try to find a order of actions for reliable reproduction of the problem (for the problem occurs).
What about trying another thing?
Open a console window, then try to debug you program using command line gdb. I'm sure you'll get the same behaviour.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline theven

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
With high probability... solved by setting "Debugger settings -> Add other open projects' paths in the debugger's search list".
Thanks.

Offline mingkoonkat

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »
I also experience this problem when working on an embedded system; breakpoints are not removed by code blocks debugger gui, but they can be removed by command line gdb. I typically reboot the embedded system whenever I get tired of hitting a particular breakpoint rather than attempting to type long file name paths in the debugger. I use code block 12.11 from Jan 10th.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:44:44 pm by mingkoonkat »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 08:38:53 pm »
mingkoonkat:
1. Can you post a full log from such a session?
2. You can use info breakpoints and delete #number it is way more shorter.

Offline mingkoonkat

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 05:20:24 pm »

I had a quick look around in the doc and  the location on disk of the code blocks debugger log wasn’t immediately apparent.

I do appear to have a box checked for "full debug log" in the debugger configuration.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »
I do appear to have a box checked for "full debug log" in the debugger configuration.

check: Settings->Debugger->Common->Full (Debug) Log

The log can be found in the "Debugger" Tab in the bottom "Logs&other" window

greetings