Author Topic: Won't let me build?  (Read 33203 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Won't let me build?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »
You are correct, there is no g++ file. So what do I do? Would uninstalling and re-downloading it fix this issue?

Me, I would uninstall the MinGW in that folder. And then, setup CB to use a different MinGW this might require installing another MinGW installation.

NOTE: CB did NOT install MinGW in that folder!
So, uninstalling and re-installing CB will NOT fix the problem!!!!!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Skipt

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
So I uninstalled mingw and downloaded the file from this link (This is only thing I downloaded)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version4/gcc-4.7.2-1/

Ran a new project, I clicked ReBuild, and this comes up at the bottom, which is new

When I click over to Build Log it displays this

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 09:43:22 pm »
your compiler installation is a mess...

i would recommend you to uninstall all:
mingw
codeblocks

then search for "mingw" and delete all folders with this name (especially the folder c:\Mingw)

delete the MingW entry of your PATH environment variable:
http://www.7tutorials.com/simple-questions-what-are-environment-variables
and
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-edit-or-delete-environment-variables-windows-7-windows-8
!!! Warning !!! only edit the PATH variable, dont delete it. Push the "edit" button, search for the part with the Mingw path and delete the part between the two ";"

then download http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/12.11/Windows/codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe/download
and install it...
this c::b installer comes with a mingw installation...

greetings

Offline Skipt

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 09:57:13 pm »
I uninstalled and deleted everything. THen I did the environment thing. This is what came up, I don't see a MinGW entry or anything like that so I assume it's fine. Here is a pic in case you wanted to see

Currently working on the download of C:B. 95.9 MB. I'm at 4 so far lol

Offline Skipt

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 10:22:35 pm »
I installed it and there was a little popup in the bottom right corner of the program which read "Can't find compiler executable for GNU GCC Compiler" or something like that. I haven't figured out how to get the popups/error messages to display.

I just did a rebuild now, after seeing that message. This is the build log

Code
"lkjk - Debug": The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Goto "Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.
Skipping...
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

I'm leaving now to go to the store, but I assume I just need to fix the path like it says? When I go to settings, there is no "Compiler and debugger" option. There is only "Compiler" and "Debugger", two seperate entities.

Screw it, I didn't wanna waste time. Ok so I went to where it said, and it had installation path at C:/MinGW, so I changed it to code blocks > MinGW and it worked! I got a rebuild successful, then I did buld and run and got hello world!

Thanks a lot everyone, it seems like it is working. You all are very patient with me. I can't thank you enough

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 10:31:13 pm »
I installed it and there was a little popup in the bottom right corner of the program which read "Can't find compiler executable for GNU GCC Compiler" or something like that. I haven't figured out how to get the popups/error messages to display.

Code
"lkjk - Debug": The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
Goto "Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.
Skipping...

this is because you have the path to the old Mingw installation in your PATH environment variable.

I uninstalled and deleted everything. THen I did the environment thing. This is what came up, I don't see a MinGW entry or anything like that so I assume it's fine.

No this was wrong: you have to mask the Path in the "System variables" window and hit "edit" then a window pops up and there you have to search for the first Mingw path and delete it (but this was described in the links, so i want go into detail)

greetings

Offline Skipt

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:21 am »

Code
Skipping...

this is because you have the path to the old Mingw installation in your PATH environment variable.

I uninstalled and deleted everything. THen I did the environment thing. This is what came up, I don't see a MinGW entry or anything like that so I assume it's fine.

No this was wrong: you have to mask the Path in the "System variables" window and hit "edit" then a window pops up and there you have to search for the first Mingw path and delete it (but this was described in the links, so i want go into detail)

greetings

Either way, I got it working with their help

riadhbh

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2020, 03:42:15 pm »
I've got the same issue even I've installed the latest version CodeBlocks 17.12 under "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks" , but It seems that the CodeBlocks have an issue with Windows PowerShell 2.0, that why it couldn't call  g++, gcc, gdb .. under "C:\MinGW\bin" so I've managed to uninstall it:

Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on or off->Windows PowerShell 2.0 (disable it).

and Its works fine for me now.