Author Topic: Code::Blocks and clang on Debian  (Read 20181 times)

Offline Poenikatu

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • My personal web site
Re: Code::Blocks and clang on Debian
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:56:50 pm »
When I start a new project, after pressing Finish on the last configuration page, I get the following message:

This wizard doesn't know how to
 setup exception flags for this
 compiler.

Can anybody explain this message and what I can do about it?
~~~~
Poenikatu
Learning C++
Using Clang++ compiler tool kit
Debian GNU/Linux

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:37 pm »
Bug in the wizard; fixed in trunk.

In a previous post, I had confused the two kinds of commands. However, I still don't understand why Code::Blocks insists on specifying
-Weverything even though I have only asked for -Wall. Can you shed light on that?
The command -Weverything was most likely specified at project (not target) level.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:55 pm »
When I start a new project, after pressing Finish on the last configuration page, I get the following message:

This wizard doesn't know how to
 setup exception flags for this
 compiler.

~~~~

You need to check all the Compiler/Linker setting the Wizard said it does not know what to do.
This means it likely did NOT set the correct settings.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 11:18:42 pm »
In a previous post, I had confused the two kinds of commands. However, I still don't understand why Code::Blocks insists on specifying
-Weverything even though I have only asked for -Wall. Can you shed light on that?
If it is in the build log then you've set it somewhere.

Possible locations:
1. settings -> compiler -> your compiler -> compiler settings -> compiler flags or other options
2. project -> build options -> project ->  compiler settings -> compiler flags or other options
3. project -> build options -> your active target -> compiler settings -> compiler flags or other options

Good luck... :P

p.s. there is no point to start topics where you're not willing to help the people trying to help you.  ::)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline blauzahn

• Almost regular
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 06:28:54 am »
It is probably acivated project-wide (see  See project -> build options -> select your project name (top left)).
Often, the project and target options are concatenated but you can limit that to target only if you want.
See project -> build options -> your llvm target -> policy: use target options only. This can be set individually for compile- link-flags etc.
Quite comfortable. Play with it.

If the unwanted option is still there, than it is configured systemwide. See reply by oBFusCATed to find its location.

If you want to use the wizard without updating your cb: You can start a project with gcc and later on switch the selected compiler to llvm/clang.
or even create your personal compiler-settings by copying and adapting one of the existing ones (see settings -> compiler) and use that.

Offline Poenikatu

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • My personal web site
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 01:34:08 pm »
Thank you for your kindness. I am now actively translating all Code::Blocks messages into Esperanto, so
I shall not be able to take your advice for a few days.  >:(
Poenikatu
Learning C++
Using Clang++ compiler tool kit
Debian GNU/Linux