Author Topic: mingw with dragonegg  (Read 7577 times)

Offline reckless

• Regular
mingw with dragonegg
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
Since many over time have asked for something LLVM related to work with C::B <or any IDE on windows> i took the liberty to complete xunxun's work and make dragonegg work with mingw (yes both mingw32 and mingw64. Possibly also standard mingw but not tested yet). The plugins are dynamically loaded with -fplugin=dragonegg-cc1 <for gcc> or -fplugin=dragonegg-cc1plus <for g++> there are also plugins for ada and fortran.  The -fplugin=dragonegg-<arch> can be put in your build options in C::B. I uploaded some barebone builds of mingw32 and mingw64 to my sourceforge site for peeps to try. You need the mingw64 runtime and API libraries but thats about it. You can compile and install these easily by following the instructions on the MinGW64 site.

the 32 bit compiler with dragonegg support is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/mingw32-with-dragonegg.7z/download
the 64 bit compiler with dragonegg support is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/mingw64-with-dragonegg.7z/download

Any questions please email me at ralphengels@gmail.com

Offline reckless

• Regular
Re: mingw with dragonegg
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:21 am »
Small oops  :-X i forgot to include gcc's math libraries in the packages so dont go try it out yet ill reupload the packages soon.
Ill include the mingw64 runtime and api libraries also.

Offline Justin Brimm

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »
Much thanks, this is very awesome. Dragonegg doesn't yet fully support Objective-C so I can't use it for my projects, but it shall have full support one day. Although Dragonegg is meant as a stopgap solution for GCC reliant code, anything that makes LLVM more common across all systems is a good thing. I can't wait until Clang is more mature and begins to surpass and supplant GCC as the cross-compiler standard.

I must admit that I actively use Codelite in preference over Codeblocks these days, due to Codelite's superior compiler output handling and other enhancements that Codeblocks unfortunately currently lacks. But Codelite isn't perfect either; despite using Clang for code-completion and other editing features, it makes no use of them for Objective-C (despite being built into Clang). If the day were to come that Codeblocks not only supported Clang as a compiler but fully supported it as the code-completion and correction system, I would flock back in a heartbeat, as it would truly be a grand IDE.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:59 am »
Your welcome :).

zhangxinghai

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:08:05 am »
hi,reckless
I download http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/mingw32-gcc-4.6.2-dragonegg.7z/download and unpack it.
I write a helloworld program

#include <string>
#include <cstdio>

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
   std::string greeting = "Hello World!";
   printf("%s\n", greeting.c_str());
   return 0;
}

I invoke the command
g++ -o hello.exe d:\helloworld\hello.cpp -fplugin=dragonegg-cc1plus --verbose

But I get error:
cc1plus.exe: error: cannot load plugin d:/mingw_cb_dragonegg/mingw32/bin/../lib/
gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.6.2/plugin/dragonegg-cc1plus.so

How to resolve ,thanks