Author Topic: Some success with Gentoo  (Read 6292 times)

iKevin

Some success with Gentoo
« on: March 17, 2005, 05:31:04 pm »
Hi

Just an update.  

First, I was thrilled to see that your wiki handbook had a gentoo section.  All went well with the build except for the problems noted in the forum.  IE.  the update shell script is saved in beta5 with dos cr, which results in its failure to run.

CodeBlock generally runs well but I did have a bit of trouble in my first test.  I selected a console project with "C" as the language and its initial file that was created was "main.cpp".  I removed it from the project - renamed it "main.c" - and added it to the project.

Some buttons appear to have half their heights (so you can't quite read them) and they are generally confirmation buttons like "OK" etc.  Other buttons, such as "CLOSE", are fine.

It looks very promising to me and pretty much fits my requirements.  I'll keep tinkering with it and report back.  -- GREAT JOB!

Kev

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Some success with Gentoo
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 06:36:30 pm »
CodeBlock generally runs well but I did have a bit of trouble in my first test. I selected a console project with "C" as the language and its initial file that was created was "main.cpp". I removed it from the project - renamed it "main.c" - and added it to the project.

This has been fixed in beta6.

Some buttons appear to have half their heights (so you can't quite read them) and they are generally confirmation buttons like "OK" etc. Other buttons, such as "CLOSE", are fine.

Yes, I 've noticed it too. It happens only with default buttons (meaning buttons that react on ENTER). It also doesn't display well the radioboxes.
I 've also noticed that this is theme-dependent. If you change your gnome theme to "Mist", for example, everything will  be fine.
This leads me to believe, that the code requesting the widget's size (GetBestSize?) in wxGTK, doesn't take account for different sizes based on the widget's state, i.e. when the button is marked as default, under certain themes, it might be bigger than normal buttons. I haven't looked at the source, so don't take my word for it, though ;)

Anyway, I 'm glad you made it :)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

iKevin

Some success with Gentoo
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 08:59:54 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Changing the theme to mist worked fine.  I will download from cvs tonight and try beta6.

Kev