Author Topic: New... download, try wxWidgets sample but lock there.  (Read 3275 times)

Offline F-Cycles

• Single posting newcomer
New... download, try wxWidgets sample but lock there.
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
I have download Code::Blocks for windows: codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe

Installation went fine until I choose to create a project: wxWidgets.

Then, it ask me for a directory? At first, I was.. well you should know about it, you install it? Find out, no.. it's need to be download from wxWidgets website. Download the wxAll put it there.. but then, complain there is no binary for Debug or Release. I look there and there are no project which could be open by codeblock?

It would be nice if the installation could be improve so that no matter which project we pick, our environment is already setup. I know we will end up with not the latest version of all the stuff, but if the user can get a stable environment which is already functional after download & install. I love programming but I hate installing & configuring stuff. I keep thinking if I have to spend 1 hour on it and if everyone has to... maybe someone should take a day or two and make everyone save their time (and avoid that pain).

Best regards to everyone...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: New... download, try wxWidgets sample but lock there.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »
Won't happen.
We won't ship any possible library or sdk available and used by our users.
If you want to use a library learn how to set it for your compiler.

Feel happy that we ship a compiler :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline F-Cycles

• Single posting newcomer
Re: New... download, try wxWidgets sample but lock there.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »
I do! :) Well, I was just giving a comment about my experience.

sadly, I will go back to the usual tools I use even if I dislike their UI for the 2012 version.