Author Topic: Problem QtCore4.dll was not found (codeblocks)  (Read 8328 times)

Offline jeroid

• Single posting newcomer
Problem QtCore4.dll was not found (codeblocks)
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:55:38 pm »
This is the error when i compile and run "this application has failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I think this question was already been answered but i guess i cant figure it out myself because i've tried to solved it still nothing happens, any way i've found this http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=6355.0 and it got me confused, still i tried to figure it out myself so here what i did...

at the system properties->environment variables->i chose Path and edit at the system variables->then i paste this->C\Windows........;C:\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtCore which i thought it solve my problem but still the error pops up saying "this application has failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Any idea someone? did i miss something? ???
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:01:26 pm by jeroid »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem QtCore4.dll was not found (codeblocks)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:16 pm »
"This application has failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found."
Well - it tells you exactly what's the problem. Where does an executable search for libraries? In it's own path and in system-wide known path's (e.g. from the PATH environment variable). So either you copy QtCore4.dll into your applications' path or in a system-wide accessible one, such as C:\Windows\system32 (under the assumption you have installed Windows to C:\Windows).
With regards, Morten.

copy your QtCore4.dll (and probaly all other QT dlls too) to your .exe file and it should work....
Don't mess your PATH....
BTW. this is no C::B related issue, but a general windows question and so the wrong place to ask.

Offline jeroid

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:29 pm »

copy your QtCore4.dll (and probaly all other QT dlls too) to your .exe file and it should work....
What do you mean by that? you mean i should copy the files inside QtCore4.dll folder? and then where to put it? in my project? Lets say i have a project called QHello, should i put everything in there?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:52 pm »
I'm not familiar with the QT Framework, but your errormessage says that QtCore4.dll was not found. The search paths for  dlls are the PATH (e.g. C:\Windows\System32) and the folder where the executable is.

so you have to copy the dll (not the folder where the dll is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic-link_library) to your executable (e.g. QHello\bin\debug).