Author Topic: Kaspersky Fix  (Read 18367 times)

Offline Urban_Hermit

• Single posting newcomer
  • Gaming since 1984
Kaspersky Fix
« on: May 21, 2013, 05:45:44 am »

;D I'm new to programming, (Unless you count the basic I did on my Amstrad in the 80s).

I had the same problem as many here with Kaspersky, to the point Kaspersky wouldn't let me open any program or application without doiing a 4 hour virus scan of the whole drive.
I tried making Code::Blocks and all it's files trusted. Didn't work!
I tried moving all my program files to my external hdd. Code::Blocks wouldn't open the files!

Then I remembered that when I got my computer, (thinking I could change it again later), like an idiot I divided my hdd right down the middle with a partition. This was my last option.
Code::Blocks is still on my C: drive, and all associated files, programs, web liks, help files etc. are in the D: drive partition. Since doing this I have had no trojan, or malware reports from Kaspersky concerning Code::Blocks. :)

Sorry if the post rambles on a bit, but I hope the information is useful to others, and works as well for them.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:49:34 pm by Urban_Hermit »
Cyberbrain sclerosis:
The disease is characterized by hardening of the brain tissues precipitated by the cyberization process. As, officially, no cure exists, cyberbrain sclerosis is always fatal. Anyone that has a cyberbrain  is potentially at risk.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Kaspersky Fix
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:16:06 am »
1, why you repost your post? (Kaspersky fix)?
2, I can't understand your post, you mean Kaspersky give C::B a false alarm?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Urban_Hermit

• Gaming since 1984
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »
To answer the first question. I felt I had posted in the wrong place, it should have been in help instead of general discussion. Just in case somebody was generally looking through the help lis instead of doing the obvious search. (I have met people like that, and you wouldn't normally think they were that daft).

To answer the second question. I don't know if it is specifc to Code::Blocks, and it's not jus Kaspersky that does it.
Everything was fine for about 2 weeks then Kaspersky started saying every Code::Blocks program I was running was trojan, then would say it was ok it was just suspicious malware. If you look more closely at my post it explain how I found a fix more through luck than judgment by putting you files in a partition in your hard drive.

Type Kaspersky into the search and you will see how many people are suffering from the same problem with Kaspersky, and that it should be avoided because all the false positives. I found it worked for me, and felt it was important information to share.

Cyberbrain sclerosis:
The disease is characterized by hardening of the brain tissues precipitated by the cyberization process. As, officially, no cure exists, cyberbrain sclerosis is always fatal. Anyone that has a cyberbrain  is potentially at risk.

Offline Urban_Hermit

• Gaming since 1984
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:07:22 pm »
 ;D No disrespect, but before the post was taken down for general it had 50 views,
(and do understand why, it didn't need to be on 2 boards, and said I thought it better on this one).
At the time of posting this 78 people have looked at it here, (I assume looking for a Kaspersky fix :D).

Over 125 people have read the post in about 3 days, so I think this also helps answer question 2. ;)

:-[I must say though, there were less posts here on the subject than I remembered, I had had trawled the internet for the answer to this problem and seen other post on other forums. I wasn't that interested in joining the forum yet, I only downloaded C::B about 3 weeks ago. To be honest I joined the forum to pass on this tip, with hope i might help others with this issue.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:09:59 pm by Urban_Hermit »
Cyberbrain sclerosis:

Offline Urban_Hermit

• Gaming since 1984
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »
 :'( Last night I closed down my computer and took it upstairs to continue my C::B project. As soon as I started C::B Kaspersky said that C::B itself was a virus trying to attack key systems, (or some rubbish like that, it pops up really quick), then said it was just suspicious. >:( I restated the computer, messed with Kaspersky settings, ect. (I couldn't make C::B a trusted program as it was already listed as such).

:-[I thought "Nooo... I've told people this works!. People are going to think I'm a right ****!". (I'm sure the do anyway for other reasons).  :D
I turn my computer on this morning hoping to find another fix, ??? and C::B loads normally, and the programs run fine, no warnings;D
If you have tried this method and the same happens to you then be patient, and see if it resolves itself as it has for me.

Again I apologize to anyone that this doesn't work for and have wasted HDD space, but so far it has worked for me. All I can say is just partition enough for what you need for C::B, if you're still getting the error messages you haven't lost anything really, it just means C::B is in its own little area. Try to hold out till you need to update your security and choose a different company.

On this site somewhere is a list of and virus software stating which software affects C::B with false positives. :)
If I remember correctly,Kaspersky, Mcafee, and Norton were terrible, and almost all others were fine.
Don't take my word for it check for the post buy doing a search for Kaspersky on this site, I'm sure it's here somewhere.

I don't know if it it is possible, but my next step was going to be checking to see if Kaspersky would ignore the partition totally,
(if anyone else finds out if it can be done and works post it here please ).

If it happens again, and I find another fix then I'll update this page. ;)
Cyberbrain sclerosis:

Offline Commaster

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »
You can put C::B in ignoring list right on the page, where it states to be trusted. Just open the "program rules" of C::B in that list and on the very last tab tick all checkboxes. Should help...

Offline Urban_Hermit

• Gaming since 1984
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:20 am »
Cheers for the tip, :)

:( I did this as soon as I started getting problems. I moved C::B, and all my projects to the trusted area, then checked all the boxes. Kaspersky ignored them for a short while, but by the next day it had started playing up again. Like I said in the last post I would have moved C::B to the trusted section but it was already there with all the boxes checked.

Hope it works for others, but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
Cyberbrain sclerosis: