Author Topic: OpenWatcom Linker CL  (Read 7761 times)

Offline Akio

• Single posting newcomer
OpenWatcom Linker CL
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:37 am »
Hi there to all at CB,

let me first of all make a huge compliment to all of you working on CB - in my opinion you're all doing a great job there.

Up to now I was working on CB version 12.11 SVN 8734 with compiler Open Watcom v1.9 and everything worked very well. Last night I decided to update to the newest version (SVN 8993) and now there's a problem with getting my projects finished.
Compiler is doing its work well as before but the Linker sends an error message: Error! E3033: directive error near 'xxxxx.exe' now. What I'm wondering about are the double/extra commata in the Linker's command line:
wlink.exe option quiet option map op symf  LIBP  C:\watcom\lib386;C:\watcom\lib386\nt file obj\Release\calc.obj,,obj\Release\dialog1.obj,,obj\Release\dialog2.obj,,obj\Release\draw.obj,,obj\Release\menue.obj,,obj\Release\poly.obj, name bin\Release\Poly.exe   option resource=obj\Release\poly.res
Error! E3033: directive error near 'bin\Release\Poly.exe'
For explanation: I haven't changed anything in the compilers/linkers setup for this was working very vell before.

Anybody's got an idea how to fix this???

Thanks in advance and best reguards.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:23:03 am by Akio »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: OpenWatcom Linker CL
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:00:54 pm »
There have been many changes to the compiler plugin.  It is possible some of your old settings are conflicting.  Try deleting (or moving elsewhere, so you can restore if needed) your default.conf.  Let me know if this does not work, and I will try to trace the origin of this bug (I do not have OW installed currently).

Offline Akio

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:10:40 pm »
Hi, Alpha,
thx a lot for your quick reply to my question. I've done as you told me to do but the problem is still the same: compiler works but linker doesn't. So I will continue to work on 8734 until there may be found a solution at any time.
Again: thank you very much for the efforts you made.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 05:32:23 pm »
Okay, I believe I have identified the problem.  Please try the attached patch and let me know if it works for all target types (console, dll, static lib, ...).  (This patch works for me, but I do not use Open Watcom, so my test projects are probably not complex enough to handle all possible situations.)