Author Topic: New logo  (Read 24955 times)

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: New logo
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 10:23:42 pm »
@Takeshi Miya: Those look great. I especially like the blue "1" (edit: the one you call the gradient one). Can you make the gradient not go all the way to white though, or make the gray border darker. The bottom is hard to see. Also, look at Reply #11 above; they should say "Version 1.0" and not say RC3. :)
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

sethjackson

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 10:49:31 pm »
Wow those r cool. I personnaly like the second one (The one with the blue 1). :)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 11:01:26 pm »
@Takeshi Miya: Nice work :D.

Personally, I like Takeshi Miya's gradient version, but also the RC2 original one.

Michael

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 11:16:30 pm »
I like the original one on the other hand (though I always admire a beatifull grafic design like Takeshi Miya's, as I am totaly useless at it). But after all I think that this kind of discussions fall in the area of personal taste and this converasation could go on for ever :). I'm pretty sure that after a while there will be a plugin implementing some kind of a new "skin" in codeblocks (just by changing the grafix in the toolbar the splash and the menu items let's say).
On the other hand the discussion about the logo in the first posts is a very serious desision that should not be taken lightly and I totaly agree with thomas' point of view.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 11:32:14 pm »
I'm pretty sure that after a while there will be a plugin implementing some kind of a new "skin" in codeblocks (just by changing the grafix in the toolbar the splash and the menu items let's say).

A plugin for new skins is IMHO a good idea :). Each user can choose her/his preferred skin and made C::B more pleasant to use. Anyway, I think that the development of such a plugin could be delayed to a near (or far :)) future.

On the other hand the discussion about the logo in the first posts is a very serious desision that should not be taken lightly and I totaly agree with thomas' point of view.

This is also true. A logo identifies a product. If we change it the users would be confused and months would be necessary to make them accustomed to the new logo.

Michael

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 11:47:39 pm »
One of the ideas behind wxWidgets is to not need skins, even across different operating systems. Rather, the interface widgets are "guaranteed" to be one that the user is most familiar with (the one native to their OS). I put it in quotes because there are a couple bugs in it. For the most part it is working very good though. :)
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

McGiwer

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 02:48:31 am »
I was thinking about changing the logo, but I think it should identify with the name Code::Blocks so removing blocks wouldn't be a good decision ;) Hmm... maybe if we'll do any changes in the logo in the future, we can make the blocks more curved, and maybe some change of colors (because of M$... but maybe it's a good idea to wait until Bill will have pretensions, hope he won't- it's not his logo ;)). I like the current logo, maybe only some just cosmetic changes in the future, but I'm not sure about it, because this one is ok...  Heh :) In the summary, actual logo is good and it can stay without any changes. I'll post here if I do something ;)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 03:22:45 am »
Hi! I really like the current logo.
Takeshi Miya's gradient version:

i like it too but modified a bit to the following versions

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 03:45:45 am by tiwag »

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 04:22:23 am »
Hmmm there's something I still don't like about the logo...

Why "1" and not "1.0" ?

takeshimiya

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 04:44:02 am »
I based the logo on the thomas logo from RC2 some months ago, and it was that way :)

I'm not sure about the "1" or "1.0" at all, because the number is big and it haves BIG emphasis. Perhaps droping it at all would be better?

Anyways, I attach the modified versions as suggested by tiwag and 280Z28.
I'm attaching here the PSDs for Photoshop sources also (sorry, I tried to use GIMPshop but it doesn't have the concept 'layer effects').

Splash screen for MSW:

About dialog image. Also Splash screen for systems that doesn't support alpha transparency:

Image for Start here page:

Accius

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 09:37:27 am »
I don't see why the background needs to change.  The original version is *terrific*, imho.   I like the triple-layer transparency thing, and the colors.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
New splashes from Takeshi Miya
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 02:14:35 pm »
i like it much the way as Takeshi Miya ( thx again!  :D )
has modyfied the CB splashes and have put them in my SVN build for testing

here is the screenshot

[edit]
we are talking about the splashes and not the logo (thx for correction  :) )
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 02:48:23 pm by tiwag »

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 02:17:42 pm »
I think the current logo looks fine.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

takeshimiya

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005, 02:27:26 pm »
I also like the current logo.

But I've had to change the splash screens for myself for some psychological reasons only. (don't ask :lol:)

Now, talking about the splash screens (NOT the logo), feel free to use it, officialy or not.

sethjackson

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2005, 02:41:29 pm »
Anyways, I attach the modified versions as suggested by tiwag and 280Z28.
I'm attaching here the PSDs for Photoshop sources also (sorry, I tried to use GIMPshop but it doesn't have the concept 'layer effects').

You can import PSD files into the GIMP.......