Author Topic: SVN Layout question  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
SVN Layout question
« on: December 24, 2005, 11:10:50 pm »
Hello, I am trying to get RC2 from the repository, but the it appears that the Developers never created a tag for the RC2 in the tags directory.  Now there is a RC2 branch in the branch directory but it would be nice to know that what I am getting is the actual release snapshot.  Is the RC2 branch the one that released for the windows binary?

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
Re: SVN Layout question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 11:33:11 pm »
Hello, I am trying to get RC2 from the repository, but the it appears that the Developers never created a tag for the RC2 in the tags directory.  Now there is a RC2 branch in the branch directory but it would be nice to know that what I am getting is the actual release snapshot.  Is the RC2 branch the one that released for the windows binary?

You can get it here for sure

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=126998
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 11:36:45 pm »
I don't think Game_Ender is asking for that, but yes, it's very likely the RC2 branch is the one used for the windows binaries.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 02:44:41 pm »
I don't think Game_Ender is asking for that, but yes, it's very likely the RC2 branch is the one used for the windows binaries.
No... unluckily not.

Unpack the .tgz file into a and do a svn export of the RC2 branch into b.

Then run:
diff --recursive -q a b
Files a/AUTHORS and b/AUTHORS differ
Files a/ChangeLog and b/ChangeLog differ
Files a/acinclude.m4 and b/acinclude.m4 differ
Files a/codeblocks.pc.in and b/codeblocks.pc.in differ
Files a/configure.in and b/configure.in differ
Files a/src/CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.cbp and b/src/CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.cbp differ
Only in b/src: devel
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am and b/src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/ASBeautifier.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/ASBeautifier.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/ASFormatter.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/ASFormatter.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/Makefile and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/Makefile differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle.h and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle.h differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle.html and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle.html differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle_main.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle_main.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle_release_notes.html and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyle/astyle_release_notes.html differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyleconfigdlg.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyleconfigdlg.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyleplugin.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyleplugin.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/astyleplugin.h and b/src/plugins/astyle/astyleplugin.h differ
Files a/src/plugins/astyle/formattersettings.cpp and b/src/plugins/astyle/formattersettings.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am and b/src/plugins/classwizard/Makefile.am differ
Files a/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizard.cpp and b/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizard.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizard.h and b/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizard.h differ
Files a/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizarddlg.cpp and b/src/plugins/classwizard/classwizarddlg.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/Makefile.am differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/cclist.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/cclist.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/cclistctrl.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/cclistctrl.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/ccoptionsdlg.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/ccoptionsdlg.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/ccrenderer.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/ccrenderer.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/classbrowser.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/classbrowser.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/codecompletion.cpp differ
Files a/src/plugins/codecompletion/codecompletion.h and b/src/plugins/codecompletion/codecompletion.h differ

[ 600 more lines ... ]
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."